What's Wrong with my 360?

FatFed

Gawd
So the other day I went to go play MechAssault, and the Xbox asks me to put the game in a Xbox console... So I tried Battlefield: Bad Company which I just bought and it tell me to put it in a 360 console, tried all my games and the same thing happened for all of them. I did some searching around the net and from I gathered the DVD drive is gone. However I was able to put a movie in and it played fine so I'm all sorts of confused, any help would be appreciated.

That is very strange... It sounds like the drive is done though. That being said how is it reading DVD's though? I have never had this issue on my XBOX's but I have had to return 2 of them due to RRoD. This is probably an issue they do not fix for free too. Have you tried spraying it with compressed air? Maybe there is too much dust build up?

Just an idea.

Yeah, that's a pretty common side effect of the laser dying. I believe it's because it specifically struggles reading the area of the disc containing the identifier / security info.

Yeah, that's a pretty common side effect of the laser dying. I believe it's because it specifically struggles reading the area of the disc containing the identifier / security info.

Ah, that would explain it then, it confused the hell out of me. I guess the drive isn't too hard to replace yourself from what I've read, anyone have personal experience flashing them and all that?

Why not just send it in to Microsoft and have them fix it for free: not voiding your warranty in the process? Just claim it is RRoD. I doubt they even check them anymore, they'll just send you a refurb.

Why not just send it in to Microsoft and have them fix it for free: not voiding your warranty in the process? Just claim it is RRoD. I doubt they even check them anymore, they'll just send you a refurb.

For some reason I thought the warranty was up on the unit... Just checked and its good for another two months :D

Truthfully that happened to a friend of mine.. He used can of air and sprayed into the drive.. But Sounds like your drive is going out or could be a spec of dust on the laser..

Back