• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What's wrong with Conroe on 945G?

jook

n00b
Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
11
I see alot of people waiting for the 965G boards for their SFF Conroe builds, but I'm wondering what the disadvantage is with going with the 945G boards out there now which support Core 2 Duo.

My personal usage will be with a E6300 and without overclocking. Will there be any disadvantages with me running that on a 945G board? Will a 965G board only benefit overclocking?
 
Well, honestly, from what I have read the 965 boards are having "issues". They just don't seem to be working very well. I think there is alot of HOPE around here that Intel can get this resolved as the 965 IS the only Intel chipset DESIGNED with the Conroe in mind.

The 975s and 945s seem to be working well, but the 945 has earned the rep of "bargin" chipset and most people here want THE BEST .... just in a mATX form.

Personally I am waiting to see if the 570/590 boards are any good. If not, a 975 or 945 will have to do.
 
Back
Top