whats up with us??

84gthatch

[H]ard|Gawd
I have noticed that we are no longer overtaking the ROOS they seem to be hopping away from us haha i know stupid pun! but nevertheless whats up it seems like everyone is kinda just bleah i know it's hot but come on lets fold fold fold and fold some more ;) alright i'll get off my soap box now

Well, according to UPS I should be getting 2 computers from marty. That won't be the deciding factor, but it will help. Might have to replace my P2 350mhz @ 333mhz and P3 450mhz @ 504mhz.

It's probably been all this down beat news. Moose just keeps spitting out quotes from the forum rules, people are reading nothing but the "big guns" leaving.... The suspension of the QMD's will lower the points per day total of the [H]orde....

And its very hot too.... (Boy I wish i could just throw my computer in the pool and cool it off). :Sigh:

If there is one thing I have learned though, it all works out in the end. Soon enough...

2:45am, and im going to bed

i understand throwing the computer into the pool!!! right on good job getting 2 new computers.

Well, on the plus side: QMD's are supposed to be back now...came back the 18th I think I saw in the post on the topic. As for wanting to tackle the Aussies...I think we all still want to, but (and I am speaking for myself here only, but I'm sure many can relate), its summer, its hot, and there is much to be done (like grilling, mowing the yard, etc) that drains a person during the day along with the heat. When coming here, some days I drag, some days I'm energy...it just kinda skips a beat some days, perhaps today is one of them.

We will keep gaining, we will overtake, and we will get our Duck back!! For now...its almost 3am, most of us in the U.S. are in bed...where I'm going shortly I hope.

Edit: And screw throwing the computer in the pool...let it fold, not fry - throw me in the pool!

[H]orde Private First Class BakedON reporting for duty SIR!
Sit rep is as follows:

Had best day in a few weeks yesterday.
Had two crappy days just prior to that (damn 84pt double gromacs.... the lower P4's hate them)
One boxen was off and another in my office was stuck at the windows boot screen after an auto-update... both now fixed.
Running full steam and more boxen are coming.
I just signed the PO for 6 HT P4 3.6's that'll be folding for the team until we hire new people... which won't happen for months.
Oh... adn I finally got K* his 2200+ AXP for a new folder... get it up son... or were you able to get it up last night? (hehe)

I'm ramping baby.... I'm ramping.

There were low pointers all around for me the last few days. Just about every computer I have running was getting 51 and 60 point gromacs instead of 364's or 600's. Dropped by PPD average by a few hundred.

Everything's back to normal now and I'm switching a couple CPU's from UD as their servers have been down the last couple days.

Hey I'm over there taunghting an entire sub team, what did you have for breakfast?

Calling TeamXFAU, Calling TeamXFAU

RING RING

" The number you have dialed is no longer folding, please hangup and dial [H]-A-R-D-O-C-P for a real folder"

Now, who is this wet_sponge character.....next....

note to self: don't taunght entire subteams

marty9876 said:
Hey I'm over there taunghting an entire sub team, what did you have for breakfast?
No wonder why I can't post over there......

Well mine are cranked! I had my biggest day yesterday with 1,564 pts and 8 WU's... Oh YEAH!

18.2 Ghz Folding for the [H]orde

After having my best day a few days ago, I've had 3 horrible days in a row. I keep getting a bunch of small crappy units not matched to the cpu arch worth a crap. Today looks to be shaping up to be another crappy point day, as only 3 of my 13 cpus in EM3 show they will finish. Of those, 2 are 64, and 69 points, and have 10 hours left(about 50% done) on a freaking 2400+ Athlon XP. I really wonder if Stanford and Son could assign me some slower WUs.

Hopefully my other 4 machines I'm not monitoring here will turn in some points. My best day since sunday has been a pathetic 1,415 points. Hopefully I'll break 2000 today, but I doubt it.

I'll be getting my two crappers from Marty today. Should increase my production a tad.
I'll be getting that 30GHz I've been bragging about in a few days, that should increase my production by anohter *tad*

:D

I'm apt to believe that we kinda felt the affects of the one day let down in QMD's. I know for about 3 days there I was getting all sorts of the little pointers. Once I switched to the beta client though, its been smooth QMD sailing and my PPD is should be shooting up pretty nicely. :D

towert7 said:
It's probably been all this down beat news. Moose just keeps spitting out quotes from the forum rules, people are reading nothing but the "big guns" leaving.... The suspension of the QMD's will lower the points per day total of the [H]orde....
Nice try, but this has nothing to do with me... :p

AtomicMoose said:
Nice try, but this has nothing to do with me... :p
Yeah... well... stop posting that picture of your wife! It's very distracting... you lucky moose you. Of course the fact that your ugly ass is in the picture helps keep me from being distracted too long...
:p

BakedON said:
Yeah... well... stop posting that picture of your wife! It's very distracting... you lucky moose you. Of course the fact that your ugly ass is in the picture helps keep me from being distracted too long...

I should send you the list of poll topics I made up regarding ^^^

Think I'll be getting a time out for some of those.

Heat is no excuse

and doing other things because it's summer isn't a good excuse either, it should make them fold even better while you are grilling and whatnot :)

BakedON said:
I do kinda bring the hotness level down just a bit... ;)

For all the haters.... LOL :p

JoyceandChris.jpg

Eh that still doesn't beat this (K* is to blame for this) :D

moose.jpg

j/k Moose!

p[H]ant0m said:
Eh that still doesn't beat this (K* is to blame for this) :D

http://home.comcast.net/~th_sua/moose.jpg[IMG]

j/k Moose!

[URL=http://www.hardfolding.com?go=38&id=166][IMG]http://www.hardfolding.com/ftag1.php/mem/166[/URL]
and I thought we were friends.... :( ;)

They didn't warn you, I'm the stand in when everyone's favorite ++'er other than marty is gone! ;)

BakedON said:
Oh... adn I finally got K* his 2200+ AXP for a new folder... get it up son... or were you able to get it up last night? (hehe)

Hmm. well the 2.2k isnt up as of last night. but there was something else.. err..

:)

AtomicMoose said:
I do kinda bring the hotness level down just a bit... ;)

For all the haters.... LOL :p

JoyceandChris.jpg
Wow....
Lucky man....

She even seems to LIKE the fact that you're touching her.
Strange....

well for once i wont really be able to do my part for a while... :(

tomorrow im leaving on a backpacking trip out in Oregon for just under 2 weeks, my dad and bro are coming along as well and I can't leave the farm on during that time.
btw, the farm is actually located at my parents house just outside NYC, where ive also spent the whole summer.
tomorrow im sending about half of the farm out to my new hosue in Boulder and when my dad returns from the trip he will power the rest of the farm back up. I myself am going stright to Boulder from Oegon to set up what i can there, but along with the base rent,$725/person :eek: , utilities and stuff are going to bring that number up a bunch so im not sure how much of the farm i will actually run. It will also depend on what kind of job I can get out there.
the pricees for electric are really steep here in NY (.15/kwh) so my dad has a limit to the number of machines he will run too.
I'll do what I can, but I can't promise too much. I think I will be selling some of my boxen soon too, keep an eye out :(

current farm up: 16.7ghz
current farm down: 13.7ghz

On-topic, I'll fold full steam ahead this fall.

Off-topic: What I wanna know is, what's up with this!
(21:29:21) girl: how are you
(21:29:28) me: pretty good
(21:29:31) girl: brb gonna shoer
(21:30:39) girl has closed the conversation window.
Names changed to protect the guilty.

K*, any tips?

Oh I'm SURE that won't end up with a kick in the groin next time I see her... :eek:

That smiley has never been more appropriate.

oh.. its a girl. that you have seen face to face in person :eek: (yes. a very good smily)

well. maybe she just had to wash away her dirty thoughts about you.. :p

So is that before or after she had the baby?

You know what? Doesn't matter. Damn you, Moose!

BakedON said:
Wow....
Lucky man....

Strange....

It's because he was smart enough to take the glasses and not get her any. :p

unhappy_mage said:
On-topic, I'll fold full steam ahead this fall.

Off-topic: What I wanna know is, what's up with this!

Names changed to protect the guilty.

K*, any tips?

Hell that's better than mine!

Me: Hi
Girl:

BakedON said:
Wow....
Lucky man....

Strange....
And that's not even teh good kind of touch. :eek:

mwarps said:
So is that before or after she had the baby?

You know what? Doesn't matter. Damn you, Moose!
She was one month along in that picture actually....she looks even better now...All of the baby weight is gone and she is on this hell bent quest to get skinny.

At least marty tries...

marty9876 said:
Hell that's better than mine!

Me: Hi
Girl:

See that's better than mine:

Me: uhh...
Girl: Don't look at me!

I gotta quit reading the forums at work....... a new keyboard every few minutes is just too much.....

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Back