What's up with PPD?

sandmanx

[H]F Junkie
This farm used to pump out a constant 1.5-2K PPD average, now it's barely over 1K PPD. What's up with the averages lately?

em3.gif

Well, I see a lot of small-point WUs, which lately have been kinda light on the PPD yield. That may explain some of the difference.

I guess that's true. My linux boxen(a P3-850) is usually crunching 600 pointers, and it's got a 149 pointer right now. Some of the other boxen have those slow folding < 100 pointer protiens as well. I'd really like to get some more points though so I can get from 51st to 50th and claim I'm in the top 50. Oh well, next year.

Whats the DGromac (Deep Blue) folding on.
I get around 100 PpD when I fold a DGromac on my 2 Ghz MP's and around 350 PpD when I fold one on my 2.4 Ghz Opteron.

Are your Tinkers (Light Green) folding on an AMD or an Intel boxen as there is a 100% PpD difference between them.

The lowest PpD I've hit lately was only 1,500 due to mostly Small Gromacs but I'm now back up to over 2,000 with a good mix.
I max out at around 2,500 PpD just for reference.

Luck........ :D

Tigerbiten said:
Whats the DGromac (Deep Blue) folding on.
I get around 100 PpD when I fold a DGromac on my 2 Ghz MP's and around 350 PpD when I fold one on my 2.4 Ghz Opteron.

Are your Tinkers (Light Green) folding on an AMD or an Intel boxen as there is a 100% PpD difference between them.

The lowest PpD I've hit lately was only 1,500 due to mostly Small Gromacs but I'm now back up to over 2,000 with a good mix.
I max out at around 2,500 PpD just for reference.

Luck........ :D

The double is folding on an A-XP 2400+ at stock speed. It's actually pulling 130 PPD.

All of the machines on that list are either ~2GHz Athlon XPs or ~1Ghz P3s. The 2 on the bottom is my crapper..a dual p3-450. I used to pull quite a bit more points on these machines, that's why I was wondering.

The tinkers are all on my P3s right now. The top one is 1.24GHz, and the 2 bottom ones are the 450 crappers.

sandmanx said:
Some of the other boxen have those slow folding < 100 pointer protiens as well.

My work pc is working on a 400 pointer that is taking it's sweet time. Of course, I can only let it go as long as I'm at work, so it's slow going for most of the units it works on.

Back