• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What's up with my CPU temps ?

Mixman

Gawd
Joined
Feb 23, 2004
Messages
671
I have an Antec P160 case. My Cpu temps have never gone below let's say 35c deg. This is with two coolers.....Zalman 7000BAlCu at 38deg and the Big Tyhoon at 35deg. I have used Artic Silver, follwed their directions and I still can't get the temps lower. My load temp goes up to 52deg using Prime95.

I have my Air Conditioning on most of the time so my ambient temp can't be over 65 deg Farenheit. My case fans are as follows ....2 120mm Fans - 1 Antec 120mm Case Fan and 1 Antec 120mm Smartfan. I also have a Vantec Cardfan with two 60mm fans on it .

I am running my CPU at 2750 at 1.42V. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it just that the P160 Case wasn't made for OC'ing ?
 
i dunno, those temperatures don't seem that bad considering you're running your CPU almost 800 MHz over spec on just air cooling.
 
Back
Top