What's up newegg???

Status
Not open for further replies.

misfitsfiend

[H]ard|Gawd
i just found out yesterday that the 120mm case fan i bought about 3 weeks ago doesn't work anymore! so i go to newegg.com, click rma request, and then it asks me to login. i login, and then it brings me to this page with all this info about rma's, then asks me to choose invoice. so i click it, then it brings me right back to the login page! so i called tech support for newegg TWICE , and they tell me all this bs like "you may have to sign in more than once for security purposes". so i do it, and i'm like "it still doesn't work!" and then she says "ok, click newegg classic, and that should fix the problem" so i'm like okay, and then she replies "ok is there anything else i can help you with" and i said no. and then i found out it STILL DOESN'T WORK! wtf newegg? i thought they had great tech support?

Wow, thats piss poor. Maybe they are still revising that part of their webpage.

I guess you're just having bad luck, or with the revamping of the Newegg site lately, they haven't sorted all of it out :(

I've RMAed/returned stuff to newegg in the past before - as well as viewing my past invoices from like 3 years ago to remind myself what components something was - and I've never had any problem with their site.

But yeah, I understand how it can get frustrating...

I agree, that is horrible tech support. It may have just been an isolated occurance of ass-hattery. Keep calling until you get someone who isn't an apathetic retard.

In NewEggs defense, no application (ie website) is totoally bug free when it goes live no matter how much testing and QA it goes through beforehand. I'm sure they know about it and will have it fixed soon.

umm, it's always been that way , about the sign in's

If you login , and want to see, edit, or anything that has to do with your ID, or request RMA.... anything..... you have to login again.

I thought it was always like that :confused:

yes, i've tried that, on the PHONE even! i tried it a total of 4 times, and it was just a circle.

could someone please confirm with me here and try just logging into the rma request screen, and seeing if it works for you if you have an account with newegg? thanks.

it worked for me.

Maybe you should try another browser, clear your cache, or flush your dns. (just wild guesses)

I was using Firefox when I tried.

k, i just tried that, and it still didn't work. i'm using ie6. anyone else having the same problem in an ie-based browser?

/Best tech support voice

Please clear your cache and cookies, reboot, and try the website again.

haha rino, well anyways guys, i am officially in debt to newegg. after firing off an email to newegg, i get this response:

Dear Customer,

We apologize for this inconvenience. Do not worry about sending that product back to us. You can simply throw it away. I have created an order to have another fan sent out to you. The sales order # you can use to reference this is 5824659.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page.

jesus i love newegg.... :) :) :)

wow that was random and why did u bring back the thread, there should be a button that says newegg clasic

i had this same problem when ordering something from buy.com last month, i tried 3 times pressed the next button when i was trying to checkout, it would have my log in again and start the process over again, i finally gave up and went to magnolia hi-fi, bout a week later a 'ReplayTV' box shows up on my doorstep, so now i got 2, lol, knew it would be to much of a hassle to send it back so i just kept it. guess its just what we have to live with these dayz, technology will prolly always be like that... just got to inform them of the problem and hope it gets fixed asap

Holy shit this is an old thread. Not even general hardware.

SkaarjMaster, don't go resurrecting a more than year old thread to ask such a question. Also, while they are an advertising sponsor here, we are not their tech support. Please contact them directly with such issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back