• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

What's this? *x800 XL*

Mr. Stryker

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 15, 2005
Messages
5,220
x800xl-1.jpg


Yeah.. Ok.. (using 9800XT atm)

x800xl-6.jpg


Look at that sexy X800 Pro GPU on the X800XL..

x800xl-5.jpg


But wtf is that? Can anyone please explain what that thing is?
 
All X800XLs say X800Pro on the die, as long as the core is an R430, you're good. The thing on the back is the bridge chip for your AGP connection.

What a long card.
 
ooh, when i touch that part on his video card. it feels like a bandage (seem like the video card was injuried from the past war, jk). so ... wat's inside that bandage beside the chip itself lol.

though it looks funny, and yes it's long card lol. :D
 
_Korruption_ said:
That soft pink stuff is probably there so you don't crush the bridge chip.

Da Da! CORRECT!
It's a protection layer for the Rialto Bridge Chip that ATi uses for the X800XLs. It's to make sure the protruding rectangle of conversion (a.k.a Rialto) isn't damaged during transportation/installation/user stupidity. I highly reccommend leaving it alone, as fun as it is to poke squishy pink things....
 
Hmm.. But I had fun poking it with a highly-magnetic pointed stick. It seems to like it.
 
Looks like you at least got a slab of copper on that hsf. Mine's all aluminum and all crap. Card runs at a high of 77c load temp. Haven't lapped it yet b/c haven't had time. Someday I'll get an Arctic Silencer 5 and be done with it :p

enjoy the card ;)
 
I'm glad I'm not the only one who bought this card and found it was very long compared to what I'd seen in reviews. I just picked up an ATI branded X800XL AGP from Futureshop for 399CAD, and when I opened it up it was heavier and longer than I expected. Is the additional power connector helpful for overclocking?

I read a few reviews and some cards don't require the plug in, but the ones that did, benefitted a good amount in the OC department.

Is this card considered a VIVO version?

Ryan
 
Back
Top