What's the point of Heatware?

Lastblade

Limp Gawd
Seriously, I am trying to build my Heatware profile but the last several deals here, I left positive feedbacks to the sellers and they never bother to leave one back for me.

This is very frustrating and if sellers do not like to leave feedbacks to others, then they shouldn't use it as a point of reference either.

Sorry for the rant.

I absolutely hate it when people don't leave return feedback and I usually PM the person a few times over the next couple weeks after a deal is closed to try to get them to leave me return feedback.

Leaving feedback on heatware is a courtesy and a good trading practice and you have every right to pester someone who doesn't leave feedback till they at least give you a straight answer as to whether or not they're going to. I know a couple of times I've forgotten to check my email for a while and didn't see the notification, or just flat out forgot to leave feedback. If the other people hadn't contacted me I probably never would've remembered.

i was in the same situation...i just kept asking and eventually after a month or so i got heat back.. :D

I've always gotten or left Heat for someone.
I leave Heat first if I am the buyer.

I repeated asked the seller for feedback but he ignores them. I almost want to give a negative feedback just to negate the positive I gave him. But I don't want to stoop that low. I guess I will stop using this broken feedback system (broken as in the user input, not the system itself).

I repeated asked the seller for feedback but he ignores them. I almost want to give a negative feedback just to negate the positive I gave him. But I don't want to stoop that low. I guess I will stop using this broken feedback system (broken as in the user input, not the system itself).

I dunno if I'd call it broken. I mean, it's basically the only online/public record that works relatively well. If anything, this should have been discussed during payment. If he is the seller, he MUST leave feedback saying that he got your payment (e.g. fast paypal, blah blah blah).

It's pretty discourteous to be the seller and not leave feedback the moment you get the payment. The buyer on the other hand shouldn't leave feedback until you've fully tested the hardware (to eliminate lemons). Usually not a problem though, cuz if it works it works.

Do you mean you will leave heat first if you were the seller?

No, I mean I leave it first if I am the buyer.
I buy it, and get it and if I am satisfied with the deal I will leave feedback. If I just happen to not be satisfied, I would email the seller and work out whatever the problem might be, then I would leave feedback.

Actually, now that I think about it, I just leave feedback and tell the person that I left them feedback, they usually do the same if they left it first. I just make sure the deal is finalized before leaving feedback.

i would agree w/ leaving the feedback first as a buyer..

i always leave heat first if I think they deserve it as a seller.

as far as not leaving heat... i only do it to those people who were not really that stellar, but not bad enough to deserve a neutral or a neg.

as far as not leaving heat... i only do it to those people who were not really that stellar, but not bad enough to deserve a neutral or a neg.

By doing that, you do a disserivce to the rest of the community.
A feedback system is pointless if you don't use it

i just started using heatware again so i had to send out about 100+ pm's to people on various forums that i have done deals with the in the past asking them if they could leave some feedback. so far only about 2 of them have done so.

i understand the system. and i understand that not rating people does a disservice to the community. However, aren't there instances where there's a person that you feel doesn't deserves a neutral or a neg, but doesn't deserve a positive? Maybe thats just me.. but in that case, not leaving feedback is a good medium. I believe that postitives are reserved for those who are on top of their trading game - those who, in general, show good trading ettiquette.

An example of a time I would neglect to leave feedback is when some people who I've traded with that say, don't provide a tracking number once the item has shipped (probably one of my biggest pet peeves). Maybe a day passes and I ask for the tracking number. No response, but the package arrives the next day. IMO that doesnt' deserve a neutral (and lets be honest, a neutral carries a negative connotation). Maybe thats just me. But that certainly also doesn't deserve a postive. I apologize if you feel like I am doing a disservice, but I try to only give positives to those who are really deserving of it.

I feel like you may be miconstruing the meaning of my refusal to leave feedback as something that I do often, but it is not. I am just pointing out that there perhaps is a middleground between positive and neutral.

Three4Seven, can you state some examples of where a person doesn't deserve a neutral, positive, or negative?

To me, it's always been pretty cut and dry as to what type of feedback someone deserves.

The scenario you describe, where the individual isn't stellar, but isn't poor either, sounds like a neutral to me...

post edited above

the thing is.. maybe its because I am a fresh graduate and have lots of time on my hands, but i can understand when one person ... forgets or is too busy to check their emails to respond as quickly as I do. But thats a case by case scenario. Does the person have good intentions? Perhaps. Is it deserving of a positive? I am not sure.

and the whole neutral thing IMO is underused and all too often carries a negative undertone. I mean.. if I was busy one day.. and couldn't respond on time, and someobdy gave me a neutral for that.. i think i'd be a bit peeved.

in any case, I don't want to start any argument or debate here. This is just what I do and how i feel. I would like to believe that my rating system is justified. Should you do and feel the same way? That's up to you. But I am not here to try to change the system. Just my 2 cents and try to perhaps give a reason to why some people don't leave heat? I apologize to the community if any of you believe I am doing a disservice.

Poor communication, but the package still arrives, and you're not leaving feedback? A friendly "hey, maybe you should keep in better touch" or something like that, but, IMO it's poor form to not leave a positive in that situation.

As long as you get your stuff in a reasonable time frame, in the condition as promised, how can you deny that it was a positive trading experience?

Poor communication, but the package still arrives, and you're not leaving feedback? A friendly "hey, maybe you should keep in better touch" or something like that, but, IMO it's poor form to not leave a positive in that situation.

As long as you get your stuff in a reasonable time frame, in the condition as promised, how can you deny that it was a positive trading experience?

sorry? like i said - im not trying to start a debate. I apologize to any and all of the people (maybe 1 person) that I didn't leave heat for. The opinions i've expressed are just that...my opinions and don't expect others to understand/agree.

I sincerely apologize to you, vertigo acid. I respect your moderation and have helped me in the past. I don't mean to hurt the community in any way. I'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind.

After a transaction, you are either satisfied or unsatisfied. So leave corresponding heatware feedback, enough said.

After a transaction, you are either satisfied or unsatisfied. So leave corresponding heatware feedback, enough said.

Exactly. I wish there is a feedback system built into Hardforum. For whatever reason, people tend to leave feedbacks if there is a little number next to their name. I find this to be true from the forums that do have its own feedback system, people leave feedbacks alot more reliably (such as neo-geo.com, cheapassgamer.com).

I sincerely apologize to you, vertigo acid. I respect your moderation and have helped me in the past. I don't mean to hurt the community in any way. I'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind.

No need to take it personally. You're free to continue doing what you'd like in your dealings. I'm just expressing my opinions as well. You can't expect to express an opinion in a public forum and be left alone about it, regardless of where you stand :)

No, I mean I leave it first if I am the buyer.

Oh Im sorry, for some stupid reason I thought you meant that you leave heat first as the buyer...even before you recieve the item. Dont know why I interpret it that way when I saw your post.

what about return feedback? ive seen people give wrongful negatives and never got them taken off.. ive even left a wrongful negative and it wasn't taken off.

I actually received a mobo with bent pins, thermal grease smeared all over it, floppy connector cracked, northbridge looks like someone used it to open bottles and has two chips out of it with melted pcb everywhere.. not sure what to do.. i want it if it works but the seller defiantly needs to work on packing and descriptions.

I always leave heatware as soon as i receive package and test it.
Sometimes communication is slow because i'm overseas, and time zones are different, but i'm always trying to do my best for communication and payment speed.
Even if i would got package with totally unworking stuff due to seller fault, not shipping, i would communicate with seller before leaving negative heatware. As long as you don't know seller/buyer as a person, communication is the only way to do business.
And yes, some people haven't left heatware for me after deal.

what about return feedback? ive seen people give wrongful negatives and never got them taken off.. ive even left a wrongful negative and it wasn't taken off.

I actually received a mobo with bent pins, thermal grease smeared all over it, floppy connector cracked, northbridge looks like someone used it to open bottles and has two chips out of it with melted pcb everywhere.. not sure what to do.. i want it if it works but the seller defiantly needs to work on packing and descriptions.

I do agree that Heat23's support leaves a lot to be desired. It takes months for him to take care of things like wrongful negatives or retaliatory feedback.

As for that situation, I wouldn't even think about keeping it. Ask for a refund and return it, no questions.

he sent refund so all works out minus still needing mobo and 2 weeks passing.. i wont leave neg either sadly enough not for fear of neg return feedback but because i think he will pack stuff better in future to avoid. I also sent someone a mobo it was working perfect and packed very good but buyer said would not show video so refunded him.. shit happens i guess so use insurance

Back