Whats the plan now? (underwhelmed by input lag on 3008wfp and xhd3000)

trainee

n00b
I know there are already a lot of threads about which monitor should I buy etc. But I think there are a lot of people in the same boat as I am: I was waiting to buy a 30" monitor that could do upscaling. Liked the xhd3000 but waited for the 3008wfp for SIPS and display port. I'm ready to buy, and have already waited for a long time (lots of lurking). Now I'm not sure what Im going to do. What did you guys decide? Keep waiting / get 3007wfp-hc instead / other?

Proper scaling => lots of additional processing delay (i.e. "input lag").

If you value low processing delay, get the HP or 3007 Dell.

If you value IMG quality, get the new Nec (or Eizo).

If you value a compromise, get the new Dell.

IMHO, YMMV, etc.

I know there are already a lot of threads about which monitor should I buy etc. But I think there are a lot of people in the same boat as I am: I was waiting to buy a 30" monitor that could do upscaling. Liked the xhd3000 but waited for the 3008wfp for SIPS and display port. I'm ready to buy, and have already waited for a long time (lots of lurking). Now I'm not sure what Im going to do. What did you guys decide? Keep waiting / get 3007wfp-hc instead / other?

If you are primarly going to be using it for gaming, then you do not want any 30" with a scaler, because it will add to much input lag. Plus the new 30" pannels cost an arm and a leg. If gaming was my primary concern I would already have a Dell 3007WFP-HC or the 30" HP.

Keep in mind to game at full res you need a killer rig, you may be better off looking at a 32" 1080p TV.

Personally I am waiting on the new NEC or possable the Samsung 305TPlus, but thats, because I will use it for programming and graphics work.

Have fun

Dave

Thanks for the comments. I should have stated that I am a gamer, and that while I will be doing developement (programming etc.) work on the monitor on a regular basis, I have other displays primarily for that purpose.

I think that I have come to the same conclusion: for the forseeable future there will not be a commercial scaler without a significant amout of input lag.

Back