What's the oldest AMD chip you still run?

The comp im on now is a regular slot A Athlon. remember those? I think its like 500 or 600MHz :D Dont be jealous :p

Tbird 750 pencil modded to 1000, I believe currently its a home to dust bunnies in a closet for a family member.

I have a slot a 700 Tbird running on an acual AMD made irongate board. I replaced the caps to keep that board going a couple of years back. If you shut it down, it wont post again for about 2 minutes. Its been that way for a year. Ive replaced both fans once each. This machine runs 24/7. I might find a another mainboard just to keep that chip running as its the first cpu I ever got. It would run 1gig before 1 gigers were out. I was pimp.

The oldest AMD chip I use is in my main everyday computer. It is a AMD K6-3+ 450 oc'd to 550 @ 1.8V. It would easily go to 600 but my Epox MVPC2 motherboard tops out at a 5.5 multiplier.

From my server:
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 1600 MHz (12 x 133) 1900+
CPU Clock 1607.29 MHz
CPU FSB 133.94 MHz (original: 133 MHz)

My mom has a Tbird 900. It was the first PC (non-Mac) we ever owned.

Both are still running daily.

AMD K6 500mhz, bought from newegg for 15 dollars :),the cpu it replaced is on my keychain

Duron 800 I bought for 8$ from a guy on CL to test my socket A setup... yeah it was toasted.

It is nice to see that the good ole socket A systems are getting much love! All I have to say is that with out my Barton 3200 system, I'd be posting on my ancient Commodore Colt :D

mine is a venice 3200 , i know its not old but its my first system.

Oldest is a Tbird 1.2 GHz AXIA, just retired recently to be moved on my dad's computer this weekend. It's still running strong :)

opteron 170 0546xpmw

i was an intel guy until the opty craze.

You youngsters!

I still have my old, old PC, built with a Fortress brand motherboard, that houses an Am 486 DX-40 CPU, along with a whopping 32 megabytes of memory. This cost me more than just a pretty penny back in 1994!

It's not networked, of course, but I still get some use out of it, when using it to fiddle around with its multiple OS boot hard drive. One partition has DOS 6.22 / WinFW 3.11, one partition is formatted HPFS and running OS/2 Warp v3.0, and the other has a really old Linux installation.

This is still a great system for playing the older games so that I don't have to run Moslo.com to avoid the "divide by zero" errors that I'll get even when I clock down my Athlon 64 to 0.1% of its speed.

While some of you may scoff at me, I still get a kick out of playing older games from time to time, such as the Ultima series, Populus I and II, 4D boxing, FX Fighter, One Must Fall, Descent, etc.

It still has its old Diamond Stealth 64 Vesa Local Bus video card, a genuine Soundblaster 16 SCSI2 card (and a Mediavision wavetable add-on board that uses the excellent Korg synth), and yes, I even still have a usable serial Logitech Mouseman.

My first PC was a K5-133 MHz that was gradually upgraded to a K6-300 MHz, 550 MHz Duron, 1.333 GHz A-XP, to my current setup (in my sig). AMD has definitely come a long way in their push against Big Blue to now be considered a player by even the average Joe. I have never been disappointed by the quality. :)

RavenD said:
My firewall is currently running on a K6-2 475Mhz box. Its not quite enough power for a firewall with four interfaces that's running traffic shaping though. Will be moving it to a P3 700@798 (133*6), as soon as I get another stick of PC133. The P3 is running 117*7 right now, but that wreaks havoc with the PCI bus speed (no pci lock), so I'd rather not have it running a firewall with 4 pci nics. The K6 will probably remain as a crapper folding box afterwards.

What traffic shaping software are you running? How much traffic are you pushing? That should _easily_ be enough with good nics unless you are hitting pci bus limitations.

First ever AMD processor was a SlotA 700MHz, moved to a SocketA,900MHz, to a 2200+, to a 2500+ (have 3 used as of now), to a 3000+, to a 3200+, to a AM2 X2 5000+

Athlon XP 3200+ - it's in the kids' PC, sold the 2600+ and TBird 800 I had before that.

Ha! i got 2 286's sitting in the garage, then a couple of 386's and 486's too oldest amd though is a K6 233mhz.

Oldest AMD chip I still use is a 2000+ Palomino, and it runs hotter than hell.

800 Tbird

keep it around for quake 3 and half-life, but can actually hold 15-20 fps on BF2 with everything off.

XP2800+ = wife's rig
XP3000+ Barton = HTPC

64 3500+ = CPU in main rig that i once paid $350+ for and i can buy now for < $90.

:mad:

Ran a Duron 1.0Ghz in my server until I "upgraded" to an Athlon XP 1700+. :D

I have a K6-2 500mhz in my closet that I occasionally use, and then this Opteron 146...

And (cf)Eclipse' Newark 3700+ in my drawer, of which I still have not made a case for.

Back