What's the news on that "Free Vista if you download this software"?

MrHood22

Supreme [H]ardness
So like many of you I downloaded that survey software from MS. Basically, from what I understood they said that if I had the software on my computer for 3 Months they would send me a free software of my choice. I choose Windows Vista Ultimate. Now I think I did it 12/14/07. So on 03/14/07 (roughly), how do I know that they sent me my free software? Do they email me? How do I uninstall it?!?

I thought the deal was that they would give me the Vista and then monitor how I use that. So I never installed the software because I was gonna put it on the OS they were supposed to send me.

Sometimes it good to be an idiot.

Do you know when this started? I can't remember when I signed up and I'm getting a little worried that they might have forgot about me and i'll get screwed out of my windows vista lol.

You had to sign up before Dec 11 2007 2 am i believe it was after that they took of the free gift from the site. I was lucky I signed up 6 hours before the cut of and they have send me e-mails asking me what I wanted for the free software plus before they ship it they will also e-mail to verify the selection.

Microsoft isn't really timely on their freebies, but if it's coming it will be here. I signed up in July and resigned in early December, I've had several emails from them so far, but to date no software.

I always get my freebies from MS. In the last 2 years I've received 2 copies of VS2005 and one copy of Vista Business. I received notification (and surveys) that the WFP program was sending back info for the December Vista Ultimate or Office 2007 offer.

Over the years I've received a lot more than that. :D

Ahh well I gave my address and I picked my reward (Vista Ultimate) so I guess that means i'm fine.

Who would I email for check on the status of this for me?

Ahh well I gave my address and I picked my reward (Vista Ultimate) so I guess that means i'm fine.

Who would I email for check on the status of this for me?

Read the other thread, it has ALL the info you need.

Well since you know it has all the information you must know the information and therefore you should be able to answer my question. It's 6 pages and I don't feel like sifting through 6 pages of posts (20 post per page x 6 pages = 120posts) when someone probably knows it off hand.

I don't mean that in a rude way either but i'm just saying.

Really? You got them for the December 11th thing?! I hope I get mine soon. Currently using Vista but I haven't registered it yet and only have a couple of more weeks to do so...

Sorry to bump this thread, but I can't post in the hot deals discussion thread without 50+ posts and I have some questions to ask.

I did get my email reply today saying that my product will be sent out in 4-6 weeks, however in the process of reading the email in gmail I got distracted talking to someone and somehow I went to the top selecting "delete forever" by accident.

I wasn't supposed to verify or click on any links at the end or anything like that was I?

I had just got done reading that make sure this is your address blah blah and that they will send out another email when they start to ship.

Can someone that has done this please make sure that there is no response or reaction from me that was needed?

Would appreciate it, thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, found it. I must of clicked "send to spam", not delete. I panicked for a bit there should of looked harder before posting. :p

Thanks.

I got an email this morning from them in fact. Here it is:

Thank you for participating in the Windows Feedback Program!

This message is to notify you that your 3 months participation term has completed, and we are getting ready to ship your product. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. You will receive another email from us when shipments have gone out.

We have received many product selection changes and mailing address corrections from program participants and believe we have implemented all of those changes. Please verify that the below information is correct and notify us if you need us to make another change prior to shipping.

Your product selection:

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)

Your address:

(address removed)

You may also continue to receive an occasional invitation to participate in a Windows product survey, though this is not guaranteed. Your participation in surveys is optional.

We would love to keep you in our program and are working on new incentives. If you continue participating in the automated feedback program through March 30, 2008, you will receive a sweepstakes entry for a chance to win USD $5000 cash. For complete sweepstake rules, including alternative entry methods, visit Official Rules, Windows Feedback Program Sweepstakes. There is no purchase required to enter. The sweepstakes program is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.

If you would like to stop sending data as part of the automated feedback program, you are free to uninstall our feedback tool today using this utility: http://wfp.microsoft.com/App_Client/wfpclean.exe

Please do not remove yourself from the program by sending a “remove” request to [email protected] until your product selection has arrived, so that we can resend it to you in case you don’t receive it.

Thank you VERY MUCH for your participation.

The Windows Experience Team

Found it. I must of clicked "send to spam", not delete. I panicked for a bit there should of looked harder before posting. :p

Thanks however Azhar.

Back