what's the newest driver?

roz1281

Gawd
Hi, I just received a Geforce GTX 750 Ti, an upgrade (I hope) from my aging GTS250.

I went to nvidia.com and entered in my specs (750 Ti, win7 64-bit) and it shows me a list of drivers. All of them say they are 'game ready' drivers, which I've never seen before. I read a little and I guess it's drivers they release when a hot game comes out to ensure compatibility or whatnot. Anyway I don't need that so I scrolled down and got the one at the bottom which was dated Tue Feb 24 2015 (sounds like the latest!). Some of the game ready drivers had vesion numbers that were higher (like 347.52) but the most currently dated one i chose was version 341.44. I chose this because it was listed as a regular driver, not a game ready one and I just want the most basic stable release.

Now my Battle.net client is saying my driver is out of date when I launch diablo 3. It never said that on my GTS250 which used driver version 340.52.

TLDR: which driver is the basic stable current release, and why doesn't my Battle net client think 341.44 is current?

Thanks bros.

Edit: I don't want to download Geforce experience or anything extra either :)

Last edited:
Game Ready just means optimized for that particular game...it also contains all improvements from previous drivers...347.52 is the latest and greatest driver...when installing the driver choose the 'Advanced' option and you can un-select GeForce Experience, HD Audio drivers, 3D Vision drivers and just install the basic drivers and PhysX if you choose

Cool, that's what I did with the 341's, only installed graphics driver. But why is it dated more recent than the 347? Ok so I am going to download the latest game ready package then which is a week older according to them :p .. strange. Sorry updating the drivers for my 250 all these years i only ever had one choice when using their search wizard.

I just checked the Nvidia website and you're right there is a newer 345.20 set of drivers...apparently it adds security features for G-Sync...I'm going to keep 347.52 but it's up to you if you want to use 345.20

yea, and the weird part is the 345.20 are dated Feb 24 2015, as are the 341.44. But I ended up getting 347.52, dated Feb 10 2015. I am confused but assume latest version number trumps release date if all I want is the most up to date driver.

Nvidia released an updated driver for the legacy cards (341.44) as the readme says to update a security issue for 2 files.

That driver still supports most modern cards but it is for the old DirectX 10 cards (Geforce 8,9,2xx cards) that are in legacy support till next year

They also put one out for the older Geforce 6 -7 cards 309.08 - WHQL addressing the same issues

This driver adds security updates for the driver components nvlddmkm.sys and nv4_mini.sys.
This driver includes security updates for NVIDIA Driver services.
This driver includes a security update for the NVIDIA Display Driver service (nvvsvc.exe).

Last edited:
played Dark Souls Fight or Die for around ten hours with 340.52 installed,all maxed with in game aa and control panel 16x af at 2560x1600 and ran good,these new drivers work as well

The_crashmaster thanks for the info. Geforce 6-7 cards are different than Geforce 600 or 700 series i assume? My upgrade path has been Geforce 2 -> Geforce 4 ti -> Geforce GTS250 -> Geforce GTX750 Ti, so you can see i haven't really followed the releases until i needed to upgrade ancient tech :)

Geforce 6-7 cards are the cards before the 200 series. Nvidia's numbering system was 6xxx, 7xxx, 8xxx, 9xxx, 2xx, ... 7xx, 9xx. There were of course more versions prior to the 6xxx, but it's shorter to type 6-7 instead of 6000-7000!

Back