What's the most stable software to play OGM video file?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm having some strange problem with Media Player classic. I burned a no. of OGM files, AVI files on a DVD.

When I run those files w/ Media Classic, somehow it crashes. When I reinstall the software by downloading, somehow it is no longer an install format type installation.

It's just a zip file, and I have to create my own Start Up menu. But the last one that I download, which is the very same ver., 6.49, creates a folder called "Real Alternative", and comes with 3 tabs on it.

Now, this installation of Media Classic can't no longer play those OGM with audio, it says it can't decode it.

Go get THIS and install it. Pretty sure it'll resolve any possible codec issues you're facing.

And just so you know: OGM isn't a video format, it's a container format, similar to AVI in principle. It can contain a video file, audio file, video+audio, etc etc...

Сою́з Сове́тских Социалисти́ческих Респу́блик, CCCP
as per wikipedia,

however in this case it means: CCCP : The Combined Community Codec Pack

Is there anyone try this though: The Combined Community Codec Pack?

My media player is now so screw it got to the point that it can't even play some MKV file and and with some other MKV files, it can play it w/o sound.

I suppose I can go to the registry and edit out all media classic, but I can't see how can that makes a difference.

The frustrating thing is, media classics can play those very same files before

hey guys, thanks. It works quite nicely. The only thing I notice is when I slide the bar, it took a few sec. for the little square to reset itself as proper graphics. But I can view all those graphics file just fine.

I also solve the mystery of that AVI file. I was told that AVI file could be generated by PC, Apple and UNIX, and there may be some incompatability. In short, it crashes when I view that file on the DVD, but by copying that file back on hard drive, it works fine.

Back