What's the most reliable SFF?

fezman

2[H]4U
I've built quite a few SFF systems for my company as video playback machines, and have had quite a few reliability problems with the ones we've had (like 1/2 lately have been sent back). We've been using Shuttle SB61G2s mainly, and a couple other shuttle models (like the SB51G/SS51G). We've had problems ranging from the systems not powering on (dead mobo) to 2 different systems that refused to hold a video card driver for more than 2 days (they would get past the welcome screen in XP and blank out, reinstalling the driver fixed. Tried new drivers, different cards, etc... didn't help).

Any suggestions? What has your experience with them been? Thanks.

well, I know not to change voltage ona SN45G rev2 (which is different from a v2, mind you)
quick way to get an expensive paperweight

dotZIP said:
well, I know not to change voltage ona SN45G rev2 (which is different from a v2, mind you)
quick way to get an expensive paperweight

Im pretty sure it's just the vdimm you cant touch on the rev2 boards...

I haven't had a problem with my SN41G2B.

Not a single one.

When I got my new processor, I overclocked it like it was nothing, and I don't have any stability/heating issues what so ever. In fact, my CPU temp right now is at 37c.

Let's see...

My SB65G2, my wife's SB61G2, my SN41G2, my friend's SK41G, my mom's SK43G and my stepmother's SS51G (not to mention my SB61G2 backup board) have all been working flawlessly as long as I have been associated with them. Even the ones that I have bought as "broken" have worked perfectly after replacing a PSU or flashing a BIOS (or some such). The only problems I have ever really had with any of them are a couple of times that I had memory compatibility problems or had a flaky processor.

I have built a copuple of SFF's for people and have had very good luck with the IDEQ's from Biostar, the case is laid out very well, I haven't had any problems with them.

~Novensu

Anyone try the MSi Mega 180 unit? Looks like a nice litte box with a half descent power supply. Also, I checked the manual. Does it allow for CPU voltage adjustment?

Back