Whats the MOST powerful but SILENT psu out there??

StalkerZER0

[H]ard|Gawd
I know about the phantom 500 by antec. But is there anything else out there that is built for silence but is rated for around the same power or even better??

And on a side note is the phantom 500 good enough for a pc system with a 8800gtx?? :confused:

First: I don't recommend the Phantom for the reason that it's "fanless", but typical CWT build, so it uses Fuhjyyu capacitors, which don't exactly like heat. Not exactly a durable solution.
Second: I put "fanless" in quotes because it does in fact have a fan which spins up when it is hot. However, when the fan kicks in, it is significantly louder than other power supplies.
Third: It is VERY expensive for what you get.

My recommendations: Seasonic S12 or M12 series power supplies. The S12 has a big 120mm fan so it's quite quiet, it's much cheaper than the phantom, it's a good solid build, and it's very efficient. The M12 is similar, except add on modular cables, minor tweaks, and a smaller 60mm fan that also kicks in under heavy load.

Either of those are great choices.

PCP&C makes a silencer that is somewhere in the 700watt range.
Might be worth a look.

Yes the PC Power n Cooling Silencer 750. It generally has good reviews but what do you guys think of it? Someone on some thread said that seasonic made it for PC Power n Cooling?

The M12 series and Corsair's HX supplies stay almost silent up until ~300W of output.

I use a Seasonic S12-600 and it is very quiet. Fan only spins at 750rpm. It will speed up if it gets hot but not by much, highest I've seen it in my case is 785rpm.

StalkerZER0 said:
Yes the PC Power n Cooling Silencer 750. It generally has good reviews but what do you guys think of it? Someone on some thread said that seasonic made it for PC Power n Cooling?

This is true. The Silencer 610 and 750 are a custom PSU made by Seasonic exclusively for PC Power & Cooling. This is NOT a bad thing - they are extremely high quality PSUs and uphold the strict standards everyone is used to from PCP&C.

Blue Falcon said:
This is true. The Silencer 610 and 750 are a custom PSU made by Seasonic exclusively for PC Power & Cooling. This is NOT a bad thing - they are extremely high quality PSUs and uphold the strict standards everyone is used to from PCP&C.

Then the silencer 750 is the one I be getting then. :D

dtess17 said:
is that enough for them in SLI?

According to an email I recieved from PC Power & Cooling earlier this week, yes.

Back