whats the difference

fightingfi

2[H]4U
whats the difference between plugging your case fans into the PSU vs into the motherboard? does it make any difference? if so what it is and whats best? ive always wondered. Tankies in Advance

whats the difference between plugging your case fans into the PSU vs into the motherboard? does it make any difference? if so what it is and whats best? ive always wondered. Tankies in Advance

My best guess is if you connect to motherboard it can monitor rpm and raise/lower when thermal sensors hit threshold. Software monitor fans and so on. PSU its just powered on relaying on inline speed switches or connection to fan controllers.

Starfalcon is correct. He just hit a couple of wrong keys:oops: PSU=fans running at full speed all the time. Motherboard=you have control of fans either through fan control options in the bios or software through the operating system. You can also use fan controllers with manual control or pwm control. The controller would plug into the motherboard via a fan header or usb header and could be controlled the same way. preset fan settings through bios or software are often referred to as fan curves.

what they said ^^ and didnt you ask this in another thread already and get the same answers there?

ya someone here * expressing* what they think and know of me which is nothing decided to take it upon themselves to give me that name instead of my real and true {H}ardness status {H}ere.

Back