What's the difference? 9800XTs

Nitro_APBT

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
139
This is probably a stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer here, google, or anywhere else.

Is there a difference between the 9800XTs with the full retail fan (big fan ducted, fancy sticker on it), and the (I'm assuming) OEM ones with just a small fan in a silver metal box over the GPU?
 
Nitro_APBT said:
This is probably a stupid question, but I couldn't find an answer here, google, or anywhere else.

Is there a difference between the 9800XTs with the full retail fan (big fan ducted, fancy sticker on it), and the (I'm assuming) OEM ones with just a small fan in a silver metal box over the GPU?

Nope (in my experience)

Mine had the small fan in the silver box and I didn't have any problems, but I installed a Zalman heatpipe cooler. It was a Hercules retail unit though.
 
Back
Top