Whats the deal with the ViewSonic VP191b?

Whipsmack

Gawd
No one seems to really talk about this model, can't be found in a lot of the well known stores, it's almost a year old, the price has only dropped 10% in that time, yet it won the best monitor from tomshardware and behardware.

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about this thing? Supposedly the first VA type monitor that got down to 8ms.

Why don't more stores carry it? Is there a newer better model?

it was replaced by Viewsonic with the VP930. Essentially the same screen, but with a slightly updated version of the AU Optronics panel (1000:1 contrast ratio instead of 800:1). Hard to find the VP191B nowadays (well, certainly over here in the UK), but not really much difference between it and it's replacement

Not saying all VP191b's are like this, but mine has serious problems...

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1026918

I recently decided I can't live with it and tried to contact ViewSonic for an RMA/replacement. No reply yet. They don't even have a simple email address for customer service anymore, and I will probably end up having to call them. Not impressed, and I doubt I'll ever buy a ViewSonic product again.

Maybe thats why they discontinued it?

Hmm thats weird the so called newer model of this monitor is TN technology though....The VP used VA

My 8ms VP191b is still running great @ 75 hz, no burn-in or dead pixels. I may upgrade my monitor in a year but this near-color-perfect monitor is staying with me until it dies.

Back