whats the champ.....AMD 64 or pentium M

tvdang7

Supreme [H]ardness
ive got both and am very happy with both but my 2.0 pentium M lost in a cpu mark score to my friends 2.8 pentium 4 HT :confused: ...so lets settle this then whats better amd64 or pentium M...im not a smart dude so do they have the same architecture or what cuz they both have low clock speeds but yet have super performance..... some on vote on which is better

The reason your pentium M got trashed is they really only shine when OCed to the max. Push that up to 2.5 if you can, and itll blow away everything up to an FX-55 in benchmarks and games (not encoding)

well its in my laptop and im sure i dont want to mess it up so ill leave it where it is.....

I have to agree with the potential for greatness of an overclocked P-M. Both of mine simply fly!

I think the better question is, which is better, a P-M laptop or a A64 Turion one?

An overclocked P-M will step all over an overclocked FX-57. But in some tests- like FPU benchmarks the P-M will lose to even a 2.4C Pentium 4.

Dillusion said:
An overclocked P-M will step all over an overclocked FX-57. But in some tests- like FPU benchmarks the P-M will lose to even a 2.4C Pentium 4.

You gotta be kidding?

mpcamer1220 said:
The FX57 will be able to outclock a PM though right???.... Has more headroom iirc

They've both been taken to 4GHz and not much further.

Dont remember where I read it and dont feel like looking it up but I think its on goodle you can find out the performance of a oc'ed Pentium Mobile at 3.0 ghz and it totally blew everything away from amd and intel non Mobile procs.

Theres no pci express pentium-M mobos to take advantage of the new video cards, so I would n't really want one.

sculelos said:
Theres no pci express pentium-M mobos to take advantage of the new video cards, so I would n't really want one.

u mean desktop mobos? cuz my dell 6000 has a x300 in it and the other models have 6800 go and the 6800 ultra

tvdang7 said:
u mean desktop mobos? cuz my dell 6000 has a x300 in it and the other models have 6800 go and the 6800 ultra

AOpen also makes a mATX desktop motherboard that supports PCIe based on I believe the i915GM. But alas at $300+ I dont think too many people have it.

Back