What's the catch? Adobe CS4 Web Premium off eBay?

GoldenTiger

Fully [H]
Hey all... I'm looking to buy CS4 Web Premium, and saw that newegg has it for $1520 - 10% cashback today. However, I looked on eBay there's a merchant selling what appears to be a full English, US copy sealed for $640 - cashback for eBay. It is shown as model SKU 65018020 which matches with Amazon.

Is there a catch to this? Does Adobe legally license copies bought off of eBay as new, or are they considered grey-market somehow? Is it likely an Academic or Upgrade version not marked as such even though it says Full?

I'm just suspicious because even though I've heard of people saying you can get these products much cheaper than normal outlets like Amazon/Newegg, the difference in price seems enormous. I plan on using these for commercial products in time, and want to be 100% sure before plunking down the money.

I guess it depends id check the guys feedback and see if people have bought photoshop from him before ect.

The seller has good feedback and has sold Adobe software before per the comments. Thanks for the reply :).

Seems pretty safe to me then and a good price! Only thing to consider would be CS5 will probably be out some time early 2010 but you probably wont be able to get it for that price.

I wish I could rationalize my way to a software upgrade from CS3 to CS4. Sounds like a great price - I'd be sure to register it right away with Adobe and get a customer number.

The price of it makes it kind of hard to rationalize haha. I really think they charge to much for the software....at least make the upgrades cheaper.

Back