whats the big deal with GRID?

mista ting

Gawd
from what i've been reading its god like graphics and game play so i got it............wtf??? this game looks horrible its like NFS: Underground with HDR and the game play is pretty shitty. how is this a demanding game technically? nothing new here

it's much more beautiful looking on the PC, in all honesty.

and if your impressions are from the pc version, well i don't know what to tell you. i thought it looked good...

hated the way the cars drove though.

I loved it but then again, I never finished it. GRID was good to kill some time and to give me a reason to play games with my 360 pad.

I think it's a fantastic title -- looked great, ran very well, great stable of cars (not many, but a great selection none the less), solid physics (with the ability to adjust based on preference of realism), and the time rewinding ability is genius for a racing title. Hell, it even debuted at $39...

In my opinion it's the best racing game out in the past few years, along with GTR2.

looked great, ran well, the crashed were bloody great and best of all it was FUN, it wasn't trying to do anything but make you have fun with racing

have you turned up all the settings? Hell the game is amazing, and i just discovered that there is a Ultra graphic settings mod that increases detail. Try googling for it. Its amazing. The best arcade racing game on PC!

I agree with everyone else...I dunno WTF you're babbling about. Game looks great and runs great on my system. The only way I could even get it to approach looking like NFS underground was to turn off all graphics options and set the resolution to 800x600. So maybe that's your problem :D

I really enjoyed grid, thought it looked fantastic also, got it for pc.

I loved GRID but never finished it, it looked pretty damn good on my PS3.

I got it for 360 and it looks fine. I honestly can't stand the game i played it for about an hour and i just can't get into it. Im a forza 2 addict though so this kind of racing game is not my thing.

GRID was fun but I liked DIRT more.

They may not be the best sim's as they are completely arcade, but they are really fun games.

GRID is really good. Cars, Tracks, Controls & Graphics all top notch...you just may have to increase the eye candy.

Finally got an Xbox controller for my PC on BF. This game fuckin rocks on an HDTV. Drifting sold it for me.

OP, maybe you have your brightness set too high?

HA!

I felt the same way playing this game on the Xbox360.

Then I got it for PC (thanks to my friend). I cranked up the graphics and turned off the motion blur, and now it's my favourite racing game. The game strikes a very good balance between arcade gameplay and simulation gameplay. GRiD without assists handles very well.

If you are playing it on PC and complaining about graphics then you don't have everything turned up. At 1920x1200 with everything up as high as it goes it runs great and looks incredible on my system. Also it plays great with a 360 controller.

It is a fun game for sure. I wish it worked a little more thoroughly with the G25 but I have no complaints with the gameplay.

It's a competent arcade racer with nice graphics and good performance, not sure what else you were expecting, OP.

o_O...

I really need to fire this game back up again, never did finish it. Solid racer for the $40 I payed for it (PC). I thought the HDR and track tint was overpowering as well - just go to the official forums on how to mod those settings yourself or grab a premodded GFX package.

BTW, freetrack with a wiimote is working in the PC version. Very smooth :)

Back