Whats the best?

SkinnyBones

Limp Gawd
I want to stealth my cd, floppy, and dvd drive and i would like to know what should i use to do it.

Stealthing a floppy? How do you plan to do that?

As far as stealthing the CD/DVD/Optical drives just use the bezels that came with your case. That way you retain the factory look.

Think the only way to stealth a floppy would be to leave it out of the case!! :D

Ive got a external USB Floppy I plug in when I need one. It's as stealthy as you can get sitting in a drawer til it's needed.

Reasons to have a floppy in your case:

1: Added rounded UV cable just looks cool.
2: To be old school.
3: You have an extra $8 - $25 just just HAVE to waste.
4: The connector is still on the power supply, what am I supposed to do with it?
5: There's just something fun about the "shink!" sound they make ejecting a floppy... hours of fun there!
6: Installing SATA/RAID drivers.

Lets see... the only one I agree with is #6 and how often does that happen. I just yank the side panel off my computer, connect the floppy, load the drivers, unplug the thing, shove it back in the "antiquated parts" box.

I've got 6 PCs I regularly work on, and only own one floppy drive. Dittos for the Zip drive, LS120 drive, etc.

I've seen people do this before. One person glued one of those spring latches that works like a retractable ink pen to the back of the bay cover so it could be popped out when the drive was needed.

I found the picture here, it's the third post by Jasb63

Back