What's the best way to sell a motherboard with a third-party chipset heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiraides

[H]F Junkie
I'm trying to figure out the best way to sell a motherboard that I used a third-party heatsink on. The motherboard in question is the MSI X58M, and immediately after I received the board, I replaced the northbridge heatsink with the Thermalright HR-05 IFX.

I still have the stock heatsink, but I removed the thermal pad from its underside. I thought about ordering a new stock heatsink (with thermal pad) from MSI, but I believe that anyone who heard of the heat issues with the X58 mATX boards in general would be looking for a third-party heatsink anyways.

In short, I actually have two questions regarding the board:

1) Should I sell the board with the stock heatsink attached or should I bundle it with the Thermalright HR-05 IFX?
2) If I stick with the stock heatsink (only), should I just use thermal paste with the old heatsink or buy a new stock heatsink?

(I'm not worried about the board itself, as I still have the orignal box, antistatic bag, and virtually all of its original accessories. I am also going to update the BIOS -- as I haven't used the board in a while -- with the latest stable version.)

Sell it the way you have it now, and add maybe $5-10 to what you'd ask for if the board just had the stock heatsink. Bundle in the stock heatsink, as well.

Just my opinion.

Save stock set up, but you can give aftermarket heatsink away to buyers, or advertising it to gain some extra bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back