What's the best video messaging program?

Shuka

n00b
Hey Guys,

So I live in California and my girlfriend of three years just moved to Florida. I'll be moving there in 8 months but until then we're going to do the distance thing. We both bought Logitech QuickCam Orbits, the best reasonably priced webcam I could find.

I've been trying out different video messaging programs but they all seem to be either unreliable/buggy, or have crappy audio/video quality. I'm looking for a program that supports a decent video resolution (320x240+), a decent frame rate (15 fps+), and synchronized audio. We both have broadband internet connections (1.5-3.0 Mbps ADSL, 256 upstream) and will be connecting via wireless networks (802.11g) in our apartments. We both have Dell Latitude laptops that are less than a year old.

What would you guys recommend?

- Shuka

I found that yahoo was better than MSN for this but I never had webcam (only my GF did) so I dunno :p

I use Yahoo all the time. Ive never had a problem, unless the other person happens to be on dialup. They actually have Yahoo Messenger with Voice. I been using that for a week now and love it. Its not much,if at all, different than before. But things seem to run much more smoothly. Give it a try.

Back