What's the Best Temp Monitoring Software?

rodsfree

[H]ard|Gawd
Guys,
What is the best Temperture monitoring software?

Is there any "all-in-one" killer app for this?

The two best programs in the world come from Germany (Aqua-Computer and Innovatek). Unfortunately I think they are also hardware specific. The Innovatek program is strictly German or Germglish. The Aqua-Computer is available in 3-4 languages including English and they will be releasing a new version (called Aqua-Suite) in a few weeks.

Edit: This stuff is for H20 and air...

Top Nurse said:
The two best programs in the world come from Germany (Aqua-Computer and Innovatek). Unfortunately I think they are also hardware specific. The Innovatek program is strictly German or Germglish. The Aqua-Computer is available in 3-4 languages including English and they will be releasing a new version (called Aqua-Suite) in a few weeks.

Edit: This stuff is for H20 and air...

I wouldn't really call those programs, since they dont work unless you have the (quite expensive) pieces of hardware to go with them.

Still use MBM5, but might have to change progs when I do my next upgrade. MBM5 is a great prog and really wish that they didn't stop updating it. Anybody know if Speedfan has an option to auto-shutdown your comp at a certain temp? Never used that prog before.

gkrellm is also one to check out, its a unix tool but there is a windows port and also a tray plugin so you can send to tasktray. Its minotors A LOT of stuff, its themeable and got other crazy plugs to mine other types of data but the thing i like with it is you can run it as a daemon also and connect to it over a network. In my case i have a few PC's and other nix devices in my house i run it on, then on my main pc i can connect and monitor them all.

homepage
http://www.gkrellm.net

win port
http://www.redbog.com/products/wkrellm.aspx

Yea, there basically aren't any good ones. MBM is outdated. Speedfan is ok, I wish it's logging was better and interface more streamlined.

The prefect monitor would show temps for all components of a computer INCLUDING video card, have logging for each, and be able to tell you what the component actually is.

Actually Motherboard Monitor is still a very good program. I still use it on my rig in my sig. Even though they havn't updated it you can still select and change which monitors you use. Its just a matter of tweekin with it a bit. Give it a try!

Yeah and if you really want to go crazy you can write the plugin for your temp sensor for MBM5 yourself i believe.

i use speedfan currently

the only problem i have with it is i can't control my fans with it.

is there any program out there that will allow me to control the speeds of my mobo fans in windows on my DFI Lanparty UT 250GB (even the program on the CD woouldnt work)

Personally like the interface and logging features of the Asus PCProbe utility.

Now if they could make something with the following:

1) Wide range of hardware support like MBM.
2) Ease of reporting like PCProbe.
3) Ability to monitor GPU temperatures.
4) Ability to output those to LCD like MBM's plugin.

I use MBM5 with CoolMon to display the temps along with other system information.

I know this wasn't asked, but the absolute worst has to be MSI's CoreCenter. What an ugly, dysfunctional POS that program is.

I'll second that Clownboat. Corecenter sucks badly. It's slow, unstable and I'm pretty sure it doesn't show the right temps.

Well I realy wish they would update mbm, i want to use it but it doesnt have support for my lanparty nf4 ultra-D... so i sit and go without

I second AsusProbe. It's probably the best mobo maker proprietary software. It has a nice small footprint, memory wise, and has all the pertinant info for the average users doing just a little overclocking, like me. .

Back