What's the best dremel kit or anything to cut a case with

lemmy

Limp Gawd
What's the best dremel kit for cutting computer cases or anything that cuts a comptuer case, i wana make a window and a square hole at the top for my radiator, my cousin has a nibbler for me to use, is that any good?

lemmy said:
What's the best dremel kit for cutting computer cases or anything that cuts a comptuer case, i wana make a window and a square hole at the top for my radiator, my cousin has a nibbler for me to use, is that any good?
anything that hits 35k rpm is fine, so any of the top 3 Dremels ar good. The Black and Decker RTX is also a great choice. Its top speed isnt as high as a dremels but it makes up for it in torque. I personally would use a jigsaw though because I think the Dremel is the biggest peice of crap on the planet. although I hear they are coming out with a french tickler attachment, so I guess I will actually put mine to use. Right now all I use it for is to trim my cat and puppies nails.

If it is a power nibbler go for it! ( practice on some scrap till ya get the feel for it) If it is one of those $6 hand specials that radio shack used to sell get ready for some real bad blisters

jman1 said:
If it is a power nibbler go for it! ( practice on some scrap till ya get the feel for it) If it is one of those $6 hand specials that radio shack used to sell get ready for some real bad blisters
Wear gloves. No blisters. Nibbler-bashing people tend to have never used one :p It's mashie's favorite tool, and mine has come in handy quite a few times :)

As for a dremel... well, you could shell out a bunch of money and get a 400 XPR. I <3 my 400 XPR.

My advice is not to get a battery powered one. Cordless tools are easier to handle, but when your battery dies you're going to be pissed. Dremel's are fantastic tools, but you have to learn the speed the tool likes to work at. If you try and cut faster then the tool wants to, you start breaking bits. Be paitent, and your Dremel will be your best friend.

penguin said:
Wear gloves. No blisters. Nibbler-bashing people tend to have never used one :p It's mashie's favorite tool
Just because he went through a dozen nibblers doesnt mean its his favorite.

Back