Whats the best / biggest screen for $350?

mista ting

Gawd
Need a bigger screen for computer gaming / PS3 use / lots of word 2007. I currently have a Dell 2007WFP S-IPS its great but too small :*( what do you guys think of the choices below? i'm really leaning towards the Hanns 28"

Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 27.5" 3ms
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824254026

SAMSUNG TOC T260HD Rose Black 25.5" 5ms
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001281

ASUS VW266H Black 25.5" 2ms(GTG)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236047

Last edited:
If you're coming from an S-IPS to a large TN with really low dot pitch, it's going to be a considerable downgrade in visual quality.

Out of your three, I guess the Hanns-G is the best for size/price, but don't expect great quality out of it.

Stay away from the Hanns G. It has the worst image quality issues of those 3 monitors.

I've used it personally, I didn't think the image quality was terrible, but the backlight consistency was definitely an issue. Also, at that physical size, TN viewing angle limitations may also rear its ugly head, where if you stare at the center of the screen at a distance of 3', I found that the edges had some slight polarization.

But I do agree with vjcsmoke: you can have large screen size or good image quality for relatively modest prices, but not both for cheap.

i see i guess i will scratch the hanns 28" do you guys have any other recommendations for a screen around 350$ and 25" +

you could look for a 26"-32" HDTV for that price, but the quality would be subpar(720p/1080p TN panel)

are you sure 2 smaller monitors won't do the trick? it'll definitely help for word 07 use and multitasking, but not in gaming/ps3

I have the hanns 28". Nothing wrong with it at all...Fantastic display...Dont let these finicky guys fool you..

You will be thrilled with it..Colors are great, not too bad backlight bleed. All in all, a great monitor..

And my games look terrific.

can somebody answer this question not based off ips panels.. . . id like to know too but i'm sick of the ips fanboys

I saw the HP 25.5 inch monitor in the store at Sam's Club. The display is pretty solid, but I can notice the TN angles at the edges of the screen. I like the ergonomics on it with the adjustable stand but I think it's a bit pricey.

http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/product/50042/review/w2558hc_black_255inch_lcd.html

The lowest price I can find for the HP is $369. But you might be able to find better.
http://www.getpartsonline.com/w2558hc.html

What do you plan to use this monitor for? Will you be plugging anything else into it besides your computer? What video card do your currently have?

I second the Hanns-G 28". I have no idea what the image quality "problems" are. It is the best looking display I've ever owned. Plus 16:10 is so much better than 16:9.

As an owner of an Asus VK246H, I would recommend getting the Asus especially since they are known as an OEM for other brand names. I primarily use it to monitor processes on my HTPC, but I have used it to play games (nearly zero input lag and no ghosting) for the first month.

I mainly use my dual 26" H-IPS monitors on a daily basis though.
:D:D:D

Get the Samsung T260HD.

It works pretty well as a everyday monitor with multiple inputs for gaming, 2x HDMI, component, VGA, DVI.....plus you can watch TV on it!

Still can't get it how you guys recommend the SamsungT2xxx series.
The only "not so bad" model from Samsung T2xxx series imho is T220.
In this case bigger is better ain't work.Won't even talk about the input lag HUGE.

I'm not recommending. It has known input lag issues for gaming. However it does have excellent inputs as well as the ability to double as a tv. So those features do count for something.

I'd probably go with the ASUS then if I were you. It's the cheapest of the 3 monitors and has the least known 'issues'. However if you can pick it up locally like at a best buy or something that would be best. That way if it craps out on you, you can just return it within 30 days.

Buy the I-Inc 28 incher from Tiger Direct, just read the reviews and you'll know why. Had mine for two months, better than excellent.

350 is a tough number to hit. I came from 2 Dell 2005FPW so I understand having a good s-IPS and not wanting to downgrade to much.

You will be disappointed with the Hanns-G and the Samsung, both for different reasons.

The Hanns-G color is way off. You can fix it somewhat, but its extremely difficult to get used to if you came from an s-IPS panel. I had one for a week, and one of my friends still uses one (because he can't afford the dell 30).

The Samsung has a heavy input lag and its off-axis red tinge is definately distracting.

The Asus is not a bad choice, but it will have similar issues as the other 2. So in your price point, going 26+ might be a stretch to keep the quality you are used to with that 2007WFP.

You could look at the upcoming Dell u2410 though as it may suit your needs albeit smaller than the 3 you mentioned.

Oh, and I upgraded again after not finding a suitable panel in that price range to Dual Dell 2709W. I like this monitor very much.

I second the Hanns-G 28". I have no idea what the image quality "problems" are. It is the best looking display I've ever owned. Plus 16:10 is so much better than 16:9.

I totally agree ! Hanns.G HG281D is awesome. :p

Back