What's the best 24" LCD for Pes & Fifa?

chockimon

n00b
Does anyone play PES or FIFA and is there a 24" LCD that can play either game without really bad motion blur/ghosting? LCD's definitely seem to struggle with these types of games, even the 120hz ones. I own the Acer GD245HQ & the BenQ G2420HDBL and there's not much difference between them when playing PES or FIFA. Both still suffer from really bad motion blur and ghosting. Funnily enough I never noticed motion blur problems on my Benq FP91G+ 19" LCD, which leads me to conclude that these 24" LCD's are somehow inferior to the older 19" LCD's, even with their fancy overdrive circuitry and 120hz refresh rates and I thought LCD's are supposed to be getting better. :(

So what is the best 24" LCD for these types of games?

If 120Hz TN monitors aren't fast enough for you, then there's not really much else you can get aside from going back to a CRT.

I've not played PES or FIFA games, but I wouldn't have imagined they needed a response rate that fast.

I've not played PES or FIFA games, but I wouldn't have imagined they needed a response rate that fast.
They do. The problem is that the camera mostly moves horizontally and at slow to medium speed. That's where LCD motion blur issues are the most obvious in my opinion. Like when you move a window at moderate speed you notice its content are blurred, the text is hard to read etc. but when you move it very fast you can hardly see there is anything wrong unless the matrix is so slow it leaves a ghosting image. For that reason, I find playing simple platform scrolling games on an LCD to be more of a problem than playing fast first person shooters.

Yeah! I agree, 24" 120hz monitors are great for FPS games, but lousy at games like PES, FIFA and other sideways scrolling games. Having said that, my Benq 19" monitor was much better and to be honest I never really noticed any motion blur when playing PES, until I bought a 24" LCD. I'll probably just buy a second hand CRT for Pes, unless I can get my 19" Benq fixed.

@OP

You're talking about console games right? 120hz monitors only operate @60hz with consoles, and the motion is reduced. No one has proven PixerPixAn pictures of the Acer in 60hz mode, but I assume like the other 120hz monitors it's not nearly as fast.

Your best bet is to go for the LG W2442PA or Asus VE246H (PRAD Premium Only), both of which PRAD says to have 0 ghosting operation @ 60hz (important to note PRAD rates the LG higher then the Asus and Samsung XL2370).. Both are quality CCFL backlit LCD's. The Samsung PX2370 is also extremely fast, however the HDMI image quality sucks with consoles.

I have owned both the LG and Samsung, the LG is a much better monitor and they are equally as fast when tested with PixerPixAn.

Back