what's the avg vcore for a 3.6ghz OC on e6750/e6850?

revenant

[H]F Squad Captain
So what are peeps needing for 3.6ghz on air for e6750/e6850? 1.425v seem about right? I just popped in my new e6850 and am going to start with the ocing soon.. just thought I would ask..

edit: fyi, orthosing with 1.400v (in bios) @ 3.6ghz (400x9) right now... stable so far but it's only been 18 mins.. passed the first 8k test batch.. load is 40c (teetering into 41c occationally).. shocking how cool this chip runs.. and on new AS5 even.. chip is week L730 code A968

35 mins now.. still only 40c load. lol. this is nutz.. small FFTs cpu stress test..

1 hour 15 mins.. still going.. load 40c ...I think this might be a 3.8ghz on air chip... fingers x'd!

well, mine seems to be happy at 1.400v (bios) now... over 8 hours with orthos, I know 24 hours is a better validation.. but I wanna play some games! I might try even lower on the vcore and see how little I need for 3.6ghz.. those 40c load temps are mighty nice... I am still very surprized at those...

What cooler are you using? And are you taking temps in Speedfan? If so you may need to adjust the offest.

P.S. z != s.

Mine need only 1.36V to reach 3.6GHz but I got lucky 723A batch was really good. Right now at 3.8GHz 1.42V on water idles@33C load at 50C. MY water cooling was originally design to cool an Opty 165 so it has no problem with this Core 2 chip.

Nice!!

the cooler is a Zalman CNPS9700 NT... but I am shopping water kits now.. I kind of want to try the coolit freezone elite maybe when it's available.. hrm.. anyways, ok on the speedfan factor.. I just fired up everest and it's reporting a couple of a deg lowerr than coretemp.. hrm.. anyways, I'll try speedfan later.. but I am hoping/thinking I might have gotten lucky with a new good batch.. seems kind of like that so far. we'll see :)

Mine says 3739A871 pack date 10/25/07

I use 1.49volts in the bios running at 3.7ghz but I don't think it is actual voltage

Is CPU-z accurate when reading voltages? it says 1.424v

yeah - that would be the vcore with vdroop taken into consideration, much closer to actual vcore.. both everest and z-cpu say the same thing for me.. 1.344v...

I have a x38 chipset Gigabyte, but no matter what I set in the bios it will not overclock.
I set the FSB to 400, 1.4v for the voltage, I lock the PCI-e bus at 100 to insure, my fsb on the motherboard is rated to 1600, do I need to increase its voltage as well. Need some advice.

Thanks

probably the chipset voltage(s) need to be increased or adjusted.. Oooor, maybe you need a more stable bios update? not sure. there's a review on [H] enthusiast here. might have some info for you.

I had the newest Bios, but it would never post. I do have to say I like the fact that the board would just reset immediately and I could just go right back in. Thanks, I was under the assumption that the 1600FSB on the board would be fine so I did not mess with it. I have overclocked some but I was always overclocking the FSB on the board as well, this is the first board where the FSB is greater than the processor. Others may have no problem, but on my Gigabyte x38, i raised the FSB Voltage .05v and bam it took off. I will see if it can remain stable, thanks for the advice. Almost forgot for the thread, 1.4v for E6850 400 x 9.

i need 1.35 volts real @ 3.6 and about 1.43 ish real for 3.8 orthos stable, my fpo/batch code is 3738b104.

My E6750 L719 at 3.6GHz requires 1.49 in the BIOS which reads at 1.45 under load in CPU-Z.

And that is pretty much my maximum stable overclock. No amount of extra voltage seems to get me stable past 456FSB with any multiplier. Though I can't imagine it's the motherboard (IP35-Pro) and I've already tested my memory well past 1000MHz as stable.

Still, 3.6GHz is decent enough I suppose.

Back