• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Whats pixel shader 3? when does it come out?

erkan

Gawd
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Messages
941
I thought PS3.0 was coming out w/ the farcry patch, but I guess that was wrong. I remember nvidia showing people farcry w/ ps3.0 i think, but now that 6800 is out, where is it? I think i got SM3.0 mixed w/ PS3.0. AM I ON CRACK?
 
Its out now, you just need to configure your system to use it, but it wont be officially out untill MS releases DirectX9c
 
erkan said:
IS PS3.0 and SM3.0 the same thing then?

Yes.

You have to have the Far Cry 1.2 patch with DirectX 9.0c and a 6x.xx driver set that enables SM 3.0 in order to get any benefits from SM 3.0.
 
keep in mind there is no visual difference between pixel shader 2.0 (sm2.0 as some call it) and pixel shader 3.0.
 
erkan said:
I thought PS3.0 was coming out w/ the farcry patch, but I guess that was wrong. I remember nvidia showing people farcry w/ ps3.0 i think, but now that 6800 is out, where is it? I think i got SM3.0 mixed w/ PS3.0. AM I ON CRACK?


yes you are a crack head

do us all a favor please and READ some

www.google.com is your friend ( i think, Patriot Act)

Do some research for yourself its not very hard to dig up answers that are out there already to your simple questions
 
Xtasy0 said:
keep in mind there is no visual difference between pixel shader 2.0 (sm2.0 as some call it) and pixel shader 3.0.

What you mean to say is that there is none CURRENTLY. SM 3.0 has only been implemented in ONE game ONE time and it was for performance reasons. SM 3.0 can bring both performance AND IQ enhancements depending on how its used.
 
burningrave101 said:
What you mean to say is that there is none CURRENTLY. SM 3.0 has only been implemented in ONE game ONE time and it was for performance reasons. SM 3.0 can bring both performance AND IQ enhancements depending on how its used.

actually what i meant to say was that any shader written for sm3.0 can be written for sm2.0 and get the same visual quality output.
 
I find sm30 to be a little buggy in farcry i'm going to do some more testing tonight in multiplayer, but each time I had it turned on I see rockfaces flickering. Soon as I switch back to 2.0 it goes to normal.

\r_sm30path 1 = sm30 on
\r_sm30path 0 = sm30 off

I do this while in multiplayer.

But sm30 is nice, in one map I use to drop as low as 15fps now its like 25 fps. Not anything superhuge.
 
erkan said:
I thought PS3.0 was coming out w/ the farcry patch, but I guess that was wrong. I remember nvidia showing people farcry w/ ps3.0 i think, but now that 6800 is out, where is it? I think i got SM3.0 mixed w/ PS3.0. AM I ON CRACK?

Shader Model 3.0 (SM3.0) = Pixel Shader 3.0 (PS3.0) + Vertex Shader 3.0 (VS3.0)

To get Shader Model 3.0, you need 3 things:
A) Drivers that support Shader Model 3.0 (i.e. beta Nvidia 61.71, upcoming 61.77)
B) DirectX 9.0c (beta available in SP2 RC2 or seperately)
C) Game that supports SM3.0 (farcry 1.2 has a beta sm3.0 path)

With the new FarCry patch, you can run sm3.0 in beta form but you must set up your computer right, which isn't an easy task since both B and C in the above list are only available in Beta right now.

Full instructions to enable SM3.0 for FarCry are here:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32634

Also, you can read this link from Microsoft.com to read a little about what SM3.0 offers.
 
scientificTHEgreat said:
yes you are a crack head
do us all a favor please and READ some


erkan said:
you are a fucking asshole, go waste your time some where else bitch


:rolleyes: both of you consider yourselves warned
and yes we keep score, rising to the bait as bad as starting it

since appearently you both missed this the first time
The Rules
(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING OR NAME CALLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.

and the sticky at the top of the forum namecalling
fugu said:
this is a warning to everyone. if you can't make an argument without calling someone names (moron, nvidiot, ati fanboy, etc.), you will lose your ability to post here. i don't care if someone has the most worthless arguments in the world, or is blindly supporting a company. feel free to ignore them or attack their arguments, but drop the childish behavior.

this is seriously the fourth or fifth time i've had to make this same announcement and i'm getting pretty tired of it.


EDIT CIWS - fugu has the Admins complete support with this. Enough is enough.

we are very serious about this, hense the reason its the first rule
so play nice, and welcome to the forums,
where you can ask the most obvious question evar without your nomex underware :p
.
 
LOL thanx for all the responses! and sorry about the name calling, haha.
 
erkan said:
you are a fucking asshole, go waste your time some where else bitch
i am an asshole because you are too lazy to do your something on your own instaed of having others spoon feed you? thats the problem with people like you
you think others actually owe you the time to respond to questions like these when you could just as easily use a simple search tool available to anyone that has the internet

use your brain (that is if you have one) and stop being lazy if you want something try to do it yourself before asking someone else to do it for you


edited i called him an *** so i deleted it

i am not asking him to respond I just think he needs some advice on how to research items that he would want to know about
 
scientificTHEgreat said:
i am an asshole because you are too lazy to do your something on your own instaed of having others spoon feed you? thats the problem with people like you
you think others actually owe you the time to respond to questions like these when you could just as easily use a simple search tool available to anyone that has the internet

use your brain (that is if you have one) and stop being lazy if you want something try to do it yourself before asking someone else to do it for you


edited i called him an *** so i deleted it

i am not asking him to respond I just think he needs some advice on how to research items that he would want to know about

In my opinion, if you don't want to answer the man's question then just don't post in the thread he started. There are lots of people that would happily explain PS3.0 to him. No need to turn things ugly because you feel cheated or something.
 
^eMpTy^ said:
In my opinion, if you don't want to answer the man's question then just don't post in the thread he started. There are lots of people that would happily explain PS3.0 to him. No need to turn things ugly because you feel cheated or something.


yeah i can agree that i didnt need to post and i should have been so hard on him

i should have just stated that there are plenty of sources that have the information he needed and that they are easily accessible

as for feeling cheated...can you explain what exactly you are referring to? that makes no sense to me
 
Back
Top