Whats on your thumb drive?

Octave

Gawd
1)Whats on your thumb drive?
2)Also, I have a 1GB thumb drive that fits in my wallet...and i want to put financial (quicken backups..ect) and other sensitive information on it in case my place burns down or something. Obviously...i don't want that in the open if I were to lose my wallet and or my thumb drive. The problem comes in that I want to access my information from Windows or OS X (work / home laptop). There's a program for OS X called wallet (http://www.waterfallsw.com/wallet/) that i was also looking at...but thats not cross platform, nor does it encrypt a quicken backup or images of financial statements..ect. For passwords ive been playing with KeePass because it has a windows and a mac counterpart with the same database file...but its not nearly as user friendly as Wallet (obviously..cause its free...and it is mainly only used for login/passwords..not other info like financial info)...but i still need something to encrypt my other data for windows and mac. Any ideas? Also, i prefer free solutions.

1) Diagnostic tools, Drivers, some of my own programs and tools and anything that may pertain to the day.

2) A better idea may be to get a fire and water proof lockbox/safe and keep the thumb drive (and paper copies) there in your house someplace relatively easy to get to and/or identify in the rubble. That's what I have in-place anyhow. :)

1)Whats on your thumb drive?
2)Also, I have a 1GB thumb drive that fits in my wallet...and i want to put financial (quicken backups..ect) and other sensitive information on it in case my place burns down or something. Obviously...i don't want that in the open if I were to lose my wallet and or my thumb drive. The problem comes in that I want to access my information from Windows or OS X (work / home laptop). There's a program for OS X called wallet (http://www.waterfallsw.com/wallet/) that i was also looking at...but thats not cross platform, nor does it encrypt a quicken backup or images of financial statements..ect. For passwords ive been playing with KeePass because it has a windows and a mac counterpart with the same database file...but its not nearly as user friendly as Wallet (obviously..cause its free...and it is mainly only used for login/passwords..not other info like financial info)...but i still need something to encrypt my other data for windows and mac. Any ideas? Also, i prefer free solutions.

I've never used a Mac, so I do not know programs that would do this. I would think PGP would work.

Diagnostic tools, Drivers, Software, Great thing i have one mine is The Dude, Network Scanner. Great little program :D

Might have a look at U3 and Ceedo, just put a .com after the names.

Think you'll like it

Mostly utilities....such as ad/spyware/trojan removers, free antivirus programs

Such as Spybot Search and Destroy, Adaware, SuperAntispyware, AVG AS, AVG AV, Avast, Winsock/TCP repair utility, the latest Firefox, Opera, smitfraud removal tool, CCleaner.

Stuff like that...for working on infested PCs that can't connect to the internet..this will usually get the ball rolling pretty quickly.

We use KeePass where I work, what you can do is create an entry in your KeePass database and attach whatever file you want to it, then just put the app and the DB on your flash drive and viola! It's encrypted, and you can open it anywhere. That would seem to make the most sense to me.

We use KeePass where I work, what you can do is create an entry in your KeePass database and attach whatever file you want to it, then just put the app and the DB on your flash drive and viola! It's encrypted, and you can open it anywhere. That would seem to make the most sense to me.

Is the attached file encrypted? AKA you need to have KeePass open to open it?

Listen, you NEED to use TrueCrypt if your going to have financial files on your key.

Its works great.

I just have non-sensitive documents, drivers, and usually some music on mine.

Some of my assignments from school, PortableGAIM, PortableThunderbird, backup of my website, and other miscellaneous stuff like my resume...

software installs
adobe reader
firstclass client
du meter
getright
ghost explorer
goto assist client
microsoft RDP client
windirstat
netstumbler
quickpar
quicktime alternative
real alternative
terminal server printer driver redirection wizard
memtest86 iso image
ultraedit32
truecrypt
firefox
thunderbird
JRE 6
winzip
trillian
starter
process explorer
rootkit revealer
adawareSE personal
windows defender
...and i'm sure i'm forgetting something.

utils
workstation audit tool
unit conversion tool
logical drive manager
external IP finder
portable firefox
ftp client
ftp server
http server
ip scanner
visual netstat tool
packet sniffer
basic undelete tool
whois tool

and a 100mb encrypted personal folder all on a 512mb drive... i need to upgrade to one with more room :p .

Mostly drivers. And most of those are printer drivers. Oh, and DSL Damn Small Linux is installs for spits and tickles.

360 flashing files, resume, and a few apps for when i reinstall windows on other people computers. (winrar, nod, kerio, nero. usual stuff)

i got some funny pictures, some music, a daily show episode, some roms, and some pr0n...neva know when u gotta squeeze one off ;)

i see no reason to keep "IT" stuff on my thumb drive.

Bootable version of Backtrack. Dont see much reason to waste a thumb drive with static items, when they can be put on a DVDRW.

i have several mobile apps including thunderbird, firefox and notetab. Then stuff for school, drivers for my desktop and laptop and other various "important stuff"

service pack 2 of XP pro....drivers...other programs i may need day to day at work.

Right now, the last episode of BSG :D

Usually, a collection of drivers and updates that we use at LAN parties.

You need to make an image for us aspiring geeks to use :)
(minus the personal data of course)
software installs
adobe reader
firstclass client
du meter
getright
[-snip-]

utils
workstation audit tool
unit conversion tool

[-snip-]

Back