Whats next

capper5016

Weaksauce
I'm sure most of you have seen my troubles with "cableb0x"...hell, most of you had troubles with him too. Anyway, after that ordeal I decided that I didn't want to trade online anymore and instead would deal with people face to face. I placed an ad in my local paper selling a computer i have, and last night a guy came to look at it and buy it. Little did I know he had a friend with him and that I was going to get rapped on the head, robbed, and have my leg run over by a truck.......guess you could say if it wasn't for bad luck i'd have none at all. I just don't understand people and why they do things like this. I have always tried to help anyone and everyone I could, regardless of how it affected me personally. I guess I have to say I have lost all faith in people.
I know that it is easy for some to screw others over, to hurt without reason, and to try and make a quick buck....but think about what you do, if you have those thoughts, stop and think before you hurt someone else.....and try to do the right thing.
So anyway, I'm out well over $3000 for the past two weeks, got an egg on the side of my head, and a limp to top it off.....ain't life grand

capper5016 said:
I'm sure most of you have seen my troubles with "cableb0x"...hell, most of you had troubles with him too. Anyway, after that ordeal I decided that I didn't want to trade online anymore and instead would deal with people face to face. I placed an ad in my local paper selling a computer i have, and last night a guy came to look at it and buy it. Little did I know he had a friend with him and that I was going to get rapped on the head, robbed, and have my leg run over by a truck.......guess you could say if it wasn't for bad luck i'd have none at all. I just don't understand people and why they do things like this. I have always tried to help anyone and everyone I could, regardless of how it affected me personally. I guess I have to say I have lost all faith in people.
I know that it is easy for some to screw others over, to hurt without reason, and to try and make a quick buck....but think about what you do, if you have those thoughts, stop and think before you hurt someone else.....and try to do the right thing.
So anyway, I'm out well over $3000 for the past two weeks, got an egg on the side of my head, and a limp to top it off.....ain't life grand

you are in Las Vegas man, get the hell out of that town

yeah.....called the police (??). About 40 minutes later a cop shows up, then asks me to wait another 5-10 minutes while he talks to his girlfriend/wife on his cel phone. He takes a report, then tells me there is slim/no chance of recovering my stuff or catching the guys...even with a description of them and their vehicle....

Actually, there is a big misconception about this city...it is no worse than any other i have lived in (Pittsburgh, Seattle, San Francisco). I don't live near the strip, but in the burbs about 30 minutes north.

capper5016 said:
Actually, there is a big misconception about this city...it is no worse than any other i have lived in (Pittsburgh, Seattle, San Francisco). I don't live near the strip, but in the burbs about 30 minutes north.

CSI says otherwise!

with your luck man its about time to start packing...may i suggest a 9mm for everyday use,a crome plated model 1911 for clubbin nights, and for those especially shitty days a .357 magnum

holy shit...that sucks. yeah a gun sounds like a good idea right about now. that or even a knife. better than nothing.

first...LOL, CSI isn't even filmed here...and along with "Las Vegas" and the other 5 or so shows...all the locals hate them.
As to the rest...after the police left I was out looking for those guys until 3AM....if I'd found them you'd all be talking about the crazy guy from Vegas on CSI.....SIG arms is my best friend
It isn't just Vegas, people in general are really quick to hurt or scew people over.

capper5016 said:

Well, for future reference, make all transactions in daylight.

and ask anyone acompanying to wait outside.

And keep atleast 2 firearms in plain site to give them a good scare

Yeah, I guess that and maybe having afriend there covering them with said firearm would be the way to go.

i had to do a deal with someone on local pickup. he was from staten island.

Pulls up in front of my house with a stocking on his head.. i think thier called doorags. anyway, i had me and my friend, and we were both equipted with brass knuckles. everything went fine, but u g2 be ready...

WTF is wrong with people? And honestly the cops make it so easy to do with their attitude and response times.

Do you have the Officers name and/or badge #? If so I would call the station and talk to the cheif. Him sitting on his cell phone for 5-10 minz while responding to a call is BS and then to tell you right to your face that nothing will prolly be done without even attempting to do something, TOTAL BS. Here is your chance to take another stand, but this time against law enforcement.

Wow, sorry to hear your bad experience. I would never allow anyone into my home like that, I would have done it at a public library or something. I do not even like giving my info selling stuff here.

Wow.. I've done quite a few deals personally with good transactions, but usually with people on Ebay or the forums. Never thought something like that would ever happen to me, but perhaps I should be more careful next time. Usually, I'd think people wouldn't be stupid enough to go rob someone while they're in their own house with neighbors around!

Also.. I generally talk to people on the phone before doing a sale, so if you have their phone number, perhaps you can trace who and where they are.

Jesus that's sad. What kind of low life piece of shit answers a want ad looking to rob a guy? That is so fucking low, unreal. It's getting to the point now where you have to have a sawed off shotgun with you to fill on gas.

I sell stuff local sometimes, and if some stranger is coming to my house to buy something, I always have my .357 close-- too many nuts.

But I'm paranoid as hell- marriage/fatherhood will do that to ya....

Not trying to sound like another Internet badass, but when it comes to my wife and child, I dont feel I can be too paranoid or careful.

Sorry you got hurt. Karma man it does come around they will get theirs....

You got run over by a truck. Holy Fuck!!!!! Take those bastards to court. Did you get thier license plate number?

This may sound harsh, but honestly, I think people like that don't deserve to live. They had to smack you on the head and run you over with a truck just for a freakin computer? If people like that didn't exist, the world would be a better place. To be trolled is one thing, but to be robbed and physically harmed is another.

I agree with the others that you should have friends over next time. But your friends won't always be there, so get a gun.

Hope you catch those f*ckers and cause more than $3000 damage to their truck AT LEAST.

Not trying to argue the morals of having a gun or not.. but honestly, I don't think getting a gun is a good solution as protection against violent traders. To me, it could cause a lot more headache if something actually goes wrong. I think there's better solutions, like having more communication and doing trades in public places where there's alot of people around. I highly discourage any young traders to get a gun just for protection. If anything, I'd do shipping only deals before I'll ever carry a gun to trade with anyone... and if I saw someone I was trading with a gun.. well.. I don't think I'd be trading with them anymore.

I can see the headlines now: Two men dead after standoff for GeForce 6800GT!

doggyworld said:
Not trying to argue the morals of having a gun or not.. but honestly, I don't think getting a gun is a good solution as protection against violent traders. To me, it could cause a lot more headache if something actually goes wrong. I think there's better solutions, like having more communication and doing trades in public places where there's alot of people around. I highly discourage any young traders to get a gun just for protection. If anything, I'd do shipping only deals before I'll ever carry a gun to trade with anyone... and if I saw someone I was trading with a gun.. well.. I don't think I'd be trading with them anymore.

I can see the headlines now: Two men dead after standoff for GeForce 6800GT!

I agree that having a gun isn't the best possible solution, but I think it would be safe to keep it somewhere close and hidden. So that if an honest buyer comes to your house, then there is no need to bring it out. But if the bad people come, then try to reach for it when you feel something bad is going to happen. Which brings me to your other point.........

having more communication and doing trades in public places where there's alot of people around
AGREED....better and safer practice. You don't want bad people to know where you live and to give them a chance to scope out your house for any other valuables.

but honestly, I don't think getting a gun is a good solution as protection against violent traders
DISAGREE with your word choice...protection against 'violent traders'. Those were not traders, they were criminals.

I have sold car audio equipment locally (trust me.. attracts wayyy shadier characters then computers), my only advice is to do it in a public place, like the food court of a mall. Have a friend with you, and beyond that if you feel it necessary carry your protection. I've never had any problems.

I would strongly advise against having people to your house, I personally would not want anyone to know where I live so that they could get the rest of my stuff at a 5 finger discount.

capper5016, that's horrible! I hope your wounds are healing and that you will gain back some faith in humanity.

Years ago my husband placed an ad in the local Recycler for some RC car parts. Underaged kid shows up with his "buddy" and his dad (who drove). After they left, hubby noticed a different part missing (think it was an ESC) from the workbench in the garage... they were never let into the house because I didn't feel safe about that. I asked if he was absolutely positive it was on the workbench when they arrived and he said yes.

So I called the kid and played my hand, including mentioning the fact that my brother was a police sergeant. He gave up his buddy's #, I called, the guy was admitting to the theft and crying in no time, begging me not to tell his parents or get the police involved. He said it would take him a couple days to be able to get to the post office, but he made good and mailed the part back.

The kicker? Yes, my brother was a police officer... I just neglected to mention the fact that he was an officer in another state. ;)

Lethal said:
capper5016, that's horrible! I hope your wounds are healing and that you will gain back some faith in humanity.

Years ago my husband placed an ad in the local Recycler for some RC car parts. Underaged kid shows up with his "buddy" and his dad (who drove). After they left, hubby noticed a different part missing (think it was an ESC) from the workbench in the garage... they were never let into the house because I didn't feel safe about that. I asked if he was absolutely positive it was on the workbench when they arrived and he said yes.

So I called the kid and played my hand, including mentioning the fact that my brother was a police sergeant. He gave up his buddy's #, I called, the guy was admitting to the theft and crying in no time, begging me not to tell his parents or get the police involved. He said it would take him a couple days to be able to get to the post office, but he made good and mailed the part back.

The kicker? Yes, my brother was a police officer... I just neglected to mention the fact that he was an officer in another state. ;)

lol thats awesome.

as for the gun issue, you're allowed to have a gun on you in your home. so if someone wants to come by and cause trouble, they'll think twice about it if they see someone packin heat. and if they do try shit, you have a right to shoot them because your property or you are in danger. i've always wanted to learn to shoot. if something happened to me like that, i'd be buying a gun the next day so it never happens again

Lethal said:

Yeah that does happen, but to quote a good movie when dealing with people in person you need friends with you.

I prefer my friends Smith & Wesson, as quoted in one of the a few old movies I like.

cell_491 said:
with your luck man its about time to start packing...may i suggest a 9mm for everyday use,a crome plated model 1911 for clubbin nights, and for those especially shitty days a .357 magnum
me I say get a 12 gauge with scatter shot if your the only living there :mad: if there are others slugs and a few knives hidden on your person ;)

Back