• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What's Next?

That Linux Guy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
306
I'm curious to know what's coming down the line from Nvidia and ATi. I'm currently rockin' my 7900GS, and I only upgrade every 2 years (every other January in fact). I'm curious if any one has any news on the next gen cards. Hopefully they'll be out by the time I drop $200-$300 for a video card to last me another 2 years.
 
haven't heard much on upcoming cards. seems like a quiet before the storm....that or there just isn't any damn news to report. isn't nvidia's refresh around the corner?
 
I don't think you will find anything ground breaking before Feb. And I highly doubt next summer too.
 
The card companies should milk it for awhile since the cards that are out now are good enough.
Once we start feeling the wrath of games then we should get new cards.

It really cracks me u how every 6months it seems like there are new cards almost 2x as fast as the last ones for the same price.

I bought a 4850 visiontek card but I will only be gaming at 1280x768 until I get a new monitor which will be january.I need to build a new rig before I get a new video card so I am not worried about plus I only play Call Of Duty
 
I would guess sometime in '09, maybe summer time.

But it's really quiet right now.
 
Back
Top