What's holding me back?

Sovereign

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
3,098
I have an abit IP35 Pro with a Q6600 on it. The HSF is a Scythe Ninja Plus. I have these setttings:
CPU Voltage = 1.36v
CPUVTT = 1.23v
MCH = 1.35v
ICH = 1.15v
ICH IO = 1.55v
up both CPUGTL %'s to 70%

I've tried massive bumps on all of these voltages but can't even get into Windows and get either Blue Screens or reboots every time I try anything higher than FSB 334.

What's going on? I'm keeping my non-overclocking RAM under control...DDR2-801.
 
What if you lower your multiplier to like 6X and raise the bus speed over 334? Does it work then?
 
i know it seems silly, but make sure the BIOs is up to date

also check some reviews on NewEgg where a lot of ppl
no matter what chip they put in they get BSOD
 
give it some more vcore, you can back off when you get it stable. Also, are those your BIOS readings for vcore? You could have a good deal of vdrop and actually be undervolting for what you're trying to accomplish.

Do some research on that board also. You could have a fsb hole, I know I can't boot up from 333 ~350 no matter what I try.
 
I tried some MASSIVE overvolting (vCore 1.505) and couldn't get anywhere. I also pushed VTT (basically FSB voltage) up as well. I'm able to boot into Windows as high as 3.6GHz. 3.6 nets an almost immediate BSOD. 3.4 fails Prime on Blend but does not crash. 3.2 is the same story, but regardless it is generating too much heat... The Scythe Ninja Plus really wasn't designed for LGA775 because it needs a copper spacer between the CPU and HSF...

EDIT: Tested clipping the HSF without the spacer. Much easier to get on and off, nearly impossible to get off with the spacer in place! Nearly broke my hand/mobo! But now with the spacer gone (direct contact between IHS and HSF base) Prime95 temps under Blend are much lower (59C instead of 67C when I had the spacer in).
 
Back
Top