What's going to happen to CS servers....

Okay I am basically trying to cull the DOOM3 threads with this one, and get a question answered at the same time.
What (do you think) is going to happen to the CS server list when HL2 comes out (with the CS mod). I haven't played it in at least 4 months but last time I played the list of servers was amazingly long. There was atleast a few thousand. When CS2 comes out will this list drop to under a 1000? Under 500? UNDER 100???

I'm guessing when a list of servers is genereated in CS2 they wont show CS1 servers so what do you think the impact is going to be?

You'll still be able to play it probably, some people will refuse to change over. Depends a lot on how it is recieved by CAL, CPL etc.

I've wondered the same thing actually. I imagine that server list slowly but surely getting smaller day by day as people gradually accept the sequel. How quickly this happens is anyone's guess at this point.

Amazing how popular CS still is. Especially when there have been so many good games in the meantime...

id think there will be just as many servers, CS beeing one of the most poplular online fps games ever and i think it will stay taht way for awhile. I mean not everyone will be able to run hl2, not everyone will want to play cs:source. Plus think of all the stupid little 11 year olds who play who probably cant run hl2 and probably dont have any money, or arent allowed to buy hl2 to day it comes out. Some of em probably dont even know about hl2.

i think its safe to say there will still be ton of CS servers after hl2 is out. although i think valve will try to get everyone to go cs:source - but it would be stupid to shut down thier best game

a lot of people won't have computers to run source (cs is a 5 year old game so it's not as if you need the latest equipment to play) so they will stay with cs. most of the competitive community will move to source. all the n00bs afraid of change will continue to download 1.5 for steam in hopes that it makes a comeback.

KoDt said:
Plus think of all the stupid little 11 year olds who play who probably cant run hl2 and probably dont have any money, or arent allowed to buy hl2 to day it comes out. Some of em probably dont even know about hl2.

Good point KoDt but it lacks real world application. As in those 11 year olds will be 14 by the time this game come out.
:rolleyes:

well I know that the Punx pub is looking into the beta, then switching to CS source. I am betting most of the CZ servers will. Its nice not having to worry about 12 year olds by seperating yourself out by buying a new game.

40 dolllars made my life alot easier.

I am also sure that new people will be playing Source after they finish half life2. It should be a nice refresh to the CS community.

Yes, there will be just a little bit less I am guessing. You can't forget about online gaming leagues for CS as well..

Back