What's going on with my clocks (X1800XT)?

contaminant

Limp Gawd
Okay, here's how I currently have my situation: I have the clock adjusting program disabled, and I use ATITool .25 Beta 14 to set my clocks. Everything works all well and fine, but I've been having some weird problems lately. My clocks sometimes (seemingly at random) drop down to 475/600 (I'm not sure those are exactly right but it's around there).

This is bad. Sometimes it will do this while I'm gaming, which will give me really choppy frames. Sometimes it does this while I'm running 3dM, which causes my computer to crash. Sometimes it will do this when I'm not running any 3d app., which really doesn't bother me, but it's still strange.

I'm still trying to figure out the origin of this bug. I nearly ruled out heat completely, because it does this when I'm just at my desktop sometimes, so it can't really be heat right? Another thought occurred to me, that it may be due to voltage? IDK. I do know that I have the program that automatically adjusts clocks disabled, so I thought I was in full control?

Anyone have a similar problem? If so, how did you fix it? Appreciate any help guys, thanks. :)

try doing a clean driver install using driver cleaner
and make sure vpu recover is off maybe thats causing it o.0

I disbaled VPU recovery, no results. I have noticed a pattern though, playing .avi files seems to trigger this clock reversion. I haven't determined what 3d apps cause this to happen, I don't believe it's all of them. This is really getting annoying though, And I found out it reverts to 475/693. I'm in need of some help :confused:

Did you make a new profile (never use the Default profile.) but first, make sure CCC's Overdrive is OFF, because that would contradict.

Overdrive is disabled due to the fact I ended the correct processes. And of course I am not using the default profile. However, now it seems to like to change it up and back down to 378/693. I'm lost here.

Back