What's faster

USMCGrunt

2[H]4U
I have x3 6970s and x5 7950s "laying around". What would be faster/more stable Trifire 6970s, Trifire 7950s, or quadfire 7950s?

thats a ton of potential heat ick

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=638&card2=664#

there appears to be a better memory bus on the 7950 so those might give a slight edge in performance

i would expect much more performance with quad but only if your app supports it

if those cards are collecting dust i'd sell em before the newer r9/r7's get released

Last edited:
thats a ton of potential heat ick

http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=638&card2=664#

there appears to be a better memory bus on the 7950 so those might give a slight edge in performance

i would expect much more performance with quad but only if your app supports it

if those cards are collecting dust i'd sell em before the newer r9/r7's get released

Trying to sell but not getting any bites on them :(
Im well aware of the heat levels...x3 6970s kept the heater off most of the time in the winter and the AC going a lot during the summer lol.

Well, USCM, i'm not entirely sure why you haven't tried a multicoin pool that mines most profitable altcoin and autodumps to BTC...but...

Here's the 6970 vs the 7950 (non Boost).

As you can see, the 7950 absolutely destroys the 6970, on top of being a bit more efficient.

I'd therefore not even consider the 6970s.

Try the tri or quad 7950s, but i would think that the quad 7950 setup would be more stable due to the even number of cards. AMD drivers, you know how they work sometimes. :D

Well, USCM, i'm not entirely sure why you haven't tried a multicoin pool that mines most profitable altcoin and autodumps to BTC...but...

Here's the 6970 vs the 7950 (non Boost).

As you can see, the 7950 absolutely destroys the 6970, on top of being a bit more efficient.

I'd therefore not even consider the 6970s.

Try the tri or quad 7950s, but i would think that the quad 7950 setup would be more stable due to the even number of cards. AMD drivers, you know how they work sometimes. :D

Wow...I didn't even know about that tool on AnandTech....that's awesome...especially since im using 7950s with boost...they annihilate 6970s. Thanks for the info dude.

Not to mention the 7950 overclocks well, and the drivers have come a long way.

Back