What's faster: two C300 128GB SSD's in RAID0 or two M4 128GB SSD's in RAID0 ?

Limp Gawd
I guess the question really comes down to is the M4 128Gb SSD faster than the C300 128GB SSD?

Also is lack of TRIM in RAID0 going to be a significant problem with degraded performance over time?

As with the single drives, it depends on whether you're talking linear speed or random.

For just everyday usage. I think that means random read/write.

Of course lack of TRIM in RAID0 is scarey (if still true) and significant degradation over time without TRIM.

For "everyday use" you can't notice a difference between the two.

But given that the C300's have better random performance and that RAID0 will help increase overall bandwidth for sequential, I'd imagine that 2x C300s in R0 would be "Faster" than 2x M4s in R0.

I dont know about TRIM, maybe maybe not, I used to own an OCZ Revo and it did NOT have trim. It slowed down over time for me. So I sold it and went back to black drives.

Last edited:
I guess I need to know: Can you just wipe your drives (reformat, maybe a low level format or something) and start over to correct the performance issue relating to degraded drives (lacking TRIM), or is the degradation permanent on the drives? (Yes, I'm definitely new to this)

Back