whats everyone think of NFS prostreet?

sparky3009

Gawd
I layed it all night last night. When you start, I think it sucks hardcore... those GTI's are crappy with no suspension :\

Afterwards I thought it was pretty sweet, but for grip races, its funny how a sweet handling 240sx with 166 pony's can hold its own against a 566 hp civic on a mostly straight course when my max speed is all of about 90mph...

Whatever though, its still fun once you get the hang of the steering IMO.

Opinions of this game have been largely negative, unfortunately. I haven't played ProStreet yet, but I felt the same about the steering in Carbon. I didn't really like Carbon until I got some of the later muscle cars, especially the Corvette Z06. Once I got the hang of the handling with that car, I had a lot of fun.

I'm going to give ProStreet a try just because I enjoyed Most Wanted and Carbon, but I expect to be disappointed based on what I've read. Losing free roam and cop chases took a lot of the appeal away for me already.

havn't played pro street yet. But I was playing carbon last night. I am really enjoyed GT3 and 4. But I also enjoyed this game, as long as you understand one is real world and the other is fake world, they're both really enjoyable.

I didnt really like nfsu, nfsu2, or nfsmw because of the steering. The undergrounds feel too arcade-ish for me... if you know how I mean.

Most wanted wasnt bad, but you had to get used to it and every car was SO different. I cant remember what carbon was like but I think I remember liking it.

I didnt think I would like prostreet because of the piggy chases, but its more like a driving simulator now, it reminds me of gran turismo 3 (best race sim for ps2, gt4 sucked)

I didnt like the old NFS's... I like how they are getting more towards a simulation feel... but they just have some things to learn.

I didnt like the old NFS's... I like how they are getting more towards a simulation feel... but they just have some things to learn.

You are ass-backwards... the old NFS's were more simulation focused then the newer ones. There is nothing simulation about nfsu, mw, or carbon. But play nfs3 or porsche unleashed. Hell, the original game published by road and track magazine was more of a simulation then the new ones.

As far as I am concerned Porsche Unleashed was the highpoint of the series, and I don't even really like Porsches...

I said myself that the undergrounds were very arcade-ish, same with MW, but carbon they started to get better. Try out prostreet. It's actually very realistic once you get used to the analog steering.

I said myself that the undergrounds were very arcade-ish, same with MW, but carbon they started to get better. Try out prostreet. It's actually very realistic once you get used to the analog steering.

Ill have to try it then, I can only pray they are changing directions...

its worth a try lol, just dont give up right away because it is pretty bad to start, but once I got used to it... its my favorite nfs yet

Have you tried juiced 2? Im so glad I didnt waste my money on that game... now THATS terrible!

I tried tried the demo of the original, so I knew to stay away from any game with the "juiced" name that ever gets made...

yea, I tried that last night just for grins. I heard it was an insult to race games, but I didnt think it was that bad. Why would THQ release such a poor quality game?

steaming

pile

I thought that Carbon was a fluke and they would come back strong for the next NFS...I was wrong. To me the graphics look like they are just recycling the Most wanted/Carbon engine and revamped it for damage modeling. The races themselves are pretty boring if you ask me....kind of a disconnected and sterile feeling you get with Forza/Gran turismo yet with none of those games strong points. If you really want a fun ricer/street race game I suggest Juiced 2 HIN for either the 360 or PS3.

edit- I've been wishing for EA to either take the series back to it's roots or make another Porsche Unleashed style game (with Ferrari) but it doesn't look like that will ever happen.

steaming

pile

I thought that Carbon was a fluke and they would come back strong for the next NFS...I was wrong. To me the graphics look like they are just recycling the Most wanted/Carbon engine and revamped it for damage modeling. The races themselves are pretty boring if you ask me....kind of a disconnected and sterile feeling you get with Forza/Gran turismo yet with none of those games strong points. If you really want a fun ricer/street race game I suggest Juiced 2 HIN for either the 360 or PS3.

edit- I've been wishing for EA to either take the series back to it's roots or make another Porsche Unleashed style game (with Ferrari) but it doesn't look like that will ever happen.

I swore away from console games, and from my experience with Juiced 2, that game isnt worth buying for any system. I thought prostreet looked really nice. I forgot what carbon looks like but its much better than MW, and I have damage off because I dont much care for it :-P

Besides, I've heard nothing good about ps3's, and I refuse to buy a 360 because computer games > all, and I cant stand having to pay to play a game online that I already paid for.

It's certainly better than Carbon. Carbon was complete trash.
As for the series getting worse after Porsche...I agree somewhat. Underground 1 was at least unique (too bad they cloned it and made it worse for UG2 and Carbon) and Most Wanted was actually really good.
I still think High Stakes was my favorite one.
Porsche was good, but playing those older cars going at 50mph was BORING. The game was only fun if you skipped the story mode.
Anyway, it's not as good as MW, but it's better than Carbon.

and I cant stand having to pay to play a game online that I already paid for.

Not to thread jack or anything. But I understand what your saying, but at the same time if you look at the cost of a most new games (60$) vs the cost of most of the MMORPGs with all the expansions your looking at 30$ + 1 free month + 35$ in subscriptions for 3 months. I dont know of any game you will play for 4 months as much as a MMORPG. Even things like oblivion or guildwars would grow old by comparison. Not to mention you are getting new content for as part of your subscriptions every 2-3 months. Just my opinion of course. If you are only going to try to pick up the game once a week or once every other week then a MMORPG isnt for you.

I know what you mean vengeance, but you know how long CSS got me for? I played that religiously for probably a year and a half to 2 years. I still play it about twice a week for a few hours each.

I was into WoW, but $15 a month is just a complete waste. Just think of all that sweet stuff you could spend the $180/year that you wasted on a game.

As far as NFS goes, I think their tailoring more for the 15-20 yr old kids... with the drifting and drags and stuff. People want more than just a plain race game... but I think they did a good job on prostreet seeing as how they have to completely redo how the car handles between each race style.

personally the game looks good

but car control sucks balls.

i cant beleive i cant take certain corners faster then 35-60mph on certain corners without sliding off the road.

I know what you mean vengeance, but you know how long CSS got me for? I played that religiously for probably a year and a half to 2 years. I still play it about twice a week for a few hours each.

I was into WoW, but $15 a month is just a complete waste. Just think of all that sweet stuff you could spend the $180/year that you wasted on a game.

Sigh... do we have to get into this again?

I have been playing WoW for roughly 2 years. I have 2 level 70's, one with 45 days of played time and one with 30 days of played time... 75 days total * 24 hours = 1800 hours of entertainment for 720 days = 2.5 hours per day... roughly the same as going out to a movie every day for 2 years...

Both me and my gf play, so a movie for two of us every day for 2 years would cost roughly $11,000... for the same amount of entertainment I have paid approximately $720 for WoW for the 2 of us. It costs less than 10% of the cost of a movie for the same amount of entertainment (assuming you enjoy it, which we and 9 million others obviously do)

You have got to be kidding me....

Prostreet and Carbon are not realistic at all. PGR4 is more realistic and PGR is an arcade racing series...Try out Forza, then come back and tell me the newer NFS games are realistic :eek:

That is not to say it is no fun, I liked the demo and will probably pick it up when it drops in price, but right now my eyes are set on PGR4...the weather effects are amazing!

You have got to be kidding me....

Prostreet and Carbon are not realistic at all. PGR4 is more realistic and PGR is an arcade racing series...Try out Forza, then come back and tell me the newer NFS games are realistic :eek:

That is not to say it is no fun, I liked the demo and will probably pick it up when it drops in price, but right now my eyes are set on PGR4...the weather effects are amazing!

im with you there. as soon as i get a job, PGR4 is on my hit list, its so fucking amazing, i LOVE the physics in that game. Nuerburgring FTW! (the e is there because i cant do the .. on top of the U :p for ANYONE who actually cares about the track. ) I cant wait for that game again! The caparo, and the 599, and koenigsegg :D I wonder if theyre going to get the ascari A10... it IS one of the fastest production cars in the world, and probably the fastest that can clear a speedbump next to the veyron :D

I think it's trash honestly. They have different physics for the different race modes, for Pete's sake! Drifting is like driving on ice again, grip races are the most realistic of the bunch (it's still like winning the Special Olympics though), drag races slow down the pace of the game thanks to the burnout mini-game, and the top speed races make your car as durable as your mom's glass unicorn collection.

Oh, and horse power means almost nothing. You'd think that in the top speed races, which barely have corners, the one with the highest horsepower wins, right? Especially since you don't have to worry about traction or anything like you do while drag racing and you have quite a distance to stretch out your car's legs. Wrong. I won my first race against 500+ HP cars with a bone stock Nissan Skyline (that's ~280 HP, folks).

The menu system itself is a chore to navigate. It's hard to tell if you've done an event already, each car you own has to have its own "blueprint" but you can't modify the ones the game supplies, when you're modifying your car the suspension settings are labeled wrong, etc. Speaking of the cars, it's no longer enough to own just one car and use it for all the events. No, now you must use one car for each type of event. While more realistic, the game could've gave you more money and/or free cars so you never have to go back and redo races because your wallet's empty. And it will be empty- you have to modify 5 cars to keep them competitive (instead of one or two) and parts are expensive. While this may seem like a nitpicky thing, I really, really didn't want to go back to dominate events again.

You also race against the same-ish cars, over and over again. They even miraculously have the same HP (533 HP Civics are quite common, apparently). Funnily enough, your beater car with 120 HP is in the same class with these things and still manages to trounce them all. Apparently, Ryan Cooper (your character) is a driving god that can negate any horsepower advantages he comes across.

You also might want to turn off the announcer's voice. Otherwise, you're going to hear "Ryan Cooper" a lot while playing. Seriously, if I had a dollar every time I heard "my" name, I'd have bought EA by now and then fired the no talent ass clowns that "developed" this game.

Most Wanted is still the best out of the newer NFS games. Porsche Unleashed is pretty much the perfect NFS game, but it's getting a little long in the tooth. Unfortunately, I've played the hell out of both of them and want something new to break my arrow keys with but Prostreet isn't going to be it.

I'm busy playing it. I don't think it's that bad.

Yes I agree that Porsche was the best.
Would love them to make a new one but with lots more cars.
I loved my blue modded 1995 GT2 and with my Logitech Formula Force that was soooo much fan. Going through a fast corner you could lift of and get it to do "lift off oversteer" and control it with the throttle. Each car handled differntly. The Boxer was crap and the GT1 was soo fast. I kept doing the Monico based tracks millions of times.

Back to present. Nice to see they included 1680x1050 widescreen support now, and surrond sound. I can understand why they took the free rooming away as you're now doing legal racing instead of the street-get-away-from-the-cops stuff. But I do think the need to improve the realizim abit.

I got 6.96 with my 1046HP Supra but 7.20 with my 500 something 350Z on the 1/4 mile.
Makes no sense. And yes it also pains me as to how my 240SX beats 500+ HP cars in grip races.

But I am still having fun playing it. (on PC btw)

I'm busy playing it. I don't think it's that bad.

Yes I agree that Porsche was the best.
Would love them to make a new one but with lots more cars.
I loved my blue modded 1995 GT2 and with my Logitech Formula Force that was soooo much fan. Going through a fast corner you could lift of and get it to do "lift off oversteer" and control it with the throttle. Each car handled differntly. The Boxer was crap and the GT1 was soo fast. I kept doing the Monico based tracks millions of times.

Back to present. Nice to see they included 1680x1050 widescreen support now, and surrond sound. I can understand why they took the free rooming away as you're now doing legal racing instead of the street-get-away-from-the-cops stuff. But I do think the need to improve the realizim abit.

I got 6.96 with my 1046HP Supra but 7.20 with my 500 something 350Z on the 1/4 mile.
Makes no sense. And yes it also pains me as to how my 240SX beats 500+ HP cars in grip races.

But I am still having fun playing it. (on PC btw)

yea the drag physics are ridiculous :p when a bone stock chevelle (racing slicks though... ) can get you a sub ten second 1/4, the game needs help :p its fast, but not THAT fast. heheh

I do like the game though... should start playing it again lmao, i stopped when i got my 360 to play it :D

One of the funny things about the Underground games (and Carbon) is the physics for hitting walls. It's actually faster to just plow into a wall, bounce off, and keep going at nearly top speed than to brake and take a turn correctly.
MW incorporated some of the realism back into the series, but it's still 99% just an arcade racer. That's not a bad thing, just know that's what you're getting.

I own CS:S and I have played it a lot. But at the same time, It really doesn't have new content released by the developers. (Yes there are maps other people make) There are some updates to it, but I stopped playing mostly because I was bored. There are strategies that are about 90% effective if you've got good/great vs good/great players on each map depending on the number of players on each side. If you want to play against good people you end up on the same server every night, and then you know how they play. About the other guy and his 11,000$ of movie entertainment. Yeah thats pretty much it, I think over 3 years i've had FFXI I've put in about 5000 hours of playtime. Not all of that is in parties, a significant amount is using it like a chat room. Talking to people on the internet > watching TV any day XD

I thought it blew goats. Very lame, no story, pathetic maps, etc. The only reason Most Wanted didn't suck so bad was due to the open world.

This game seems to tout (and fail at) these highlights:

-Tire smoke (wow)
-Destructibility (pathetic)
-???

I thought it blew goats. Very lame, no story, pathetic maps, etc. The only reason Most Wanted didn't suck so bad was due to the open world.

This game seems to tout (and fail at) these highlights:

-Tire smoke (wow)
-Destructibility (pathetic)-???

LOL, it is so funny when you crash. It is like someone threw a matchbox...the car acts like a big box instead of a car with curves and such.

im with you there. as soon as i get a job, PGR4 is on my hit list, its so fucking amazing, i LOVE the physics in that game. Nuerburgring FTW! (the e is there because i cant do the .. on top of the U :p for ANYONE who actually cares about the track. ) I cant wait for that game again! The caparo, and the 599, and koenigsegg :D I wonder if theyre going to get the ascari A10... it IS one of the fastest production cars in the world, and probably the fastest that can clear a speedbump next to the veyron :D

See is what I love about the way PGR adds the drifting is that it still feels real. It is easier to do on a fully realistic game like forza, but it still takes skill to get it into a drift and hold it there.

So many games that have "drifting" just make it so when you turn you fall into this endless drift...how hard is that?!?!

At least I feel like I am the one with the skill on PGR when I hold a drift in between the white and take it around a corner or something (proceeded by 3 or 4 times of absolutly nailing the wall :p ).

I downloaded the demo for PS3 and I hated it. But I am not really a racing game fan anyways.

NFS turned to total shit after porsche unleashed.

I agree. NFS3 and 4 were awesome, even thought they were arcade-like. Surprisingly I did enjoy the repetitive porsche (repetitive meaning, they were like 3 and 4. Both NFS underground(s) were disappointing.

This game isn't so bad (with a logitech g25 atleast), but it does get very boring very quickly. Same shit over and over and over again a million times. No real goal to speak of. Handling isn't so bad (don't know about keyboard) and drifting is ok too.. But I grew tired of this game very fast. Carbon sucked, most wanted was moderately entertaining, nfsu:s were pretty bad imo too.

bad user interface, racing is pretty cool though

it'd be nice if we got some decent performance on PCs though. They need to add in a feature for a mechanic guy or something so we dont have to configure anything for any races, just pay this guy a % and have him take care of it all.

Terrible game, only marginally better than Carbon. Pick your poison - Diarhiaa or Gas.

bad user interface

QFT!!! I find it confusing.

I'm not liking the sterility of the game so far. I LOVED Most Wanted and Carbon due to the story, cop chases and open street game play. I played many-a-hour of both. Great games.

I like the improved feel of acceleration when starting off of the line, and the inclusion of the tire smoke. The car damage is cool, but the physics are atrocious (worse than Carbon).

Other than that, its fairly boring overall to me.

I can't be much help here since I don't have it. I spoke to my buddy about it and it seems more like an racing sim

To me, I enjoyed NFS since they introduced free roaming, and i love its arcade style of handling. It's just me, I sucks as racing sim lol.

So I'll be skipping this one since there's no free roaming.

The game is okay. It obviously could be better. The user interface sucks. I think I should legally change my name to Ryan Cooper since his name is mentioned in every other word.

The only reason why I got the game was for the drifting part since I actually drift myself. The drifting portion was pretty dissapointing but I'll still play it...

Back