• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

what's different between "quality" and "performance" in ATi control panel setting?

Joined
Oct 23, 2003
Messages
10
In the "3D" tab, there are options let you choose "Quality" or "Performance", but will this overwrite my AA and AF settings? I tested in UT2004, when I choose "Performance", it runs really fast but I notice the image quality is very bad although I have enabled 4xAA and 4xAF on my 9800 card. any one can tell me if the "performance" option will disable my AA/AF settings?
Thanks!
 
if i remember correctly, that slider is for a silple way to adjust the graphics cards performance, so yes it will override the settings.

Quality will give you the best qualkity grpahics the card can do.
Perfomance will give the frame rates (at a loss of quality)
 
I'm pretty sure that it doens't affect the AA/AF settings. I think all it does is adjust image quality.
 
NVidia has the same thing on their control panel. Never could figure out exactly what it is changing, just that it is best to leave it all the way toward quality.
 
I'm pretty sure that it is this.

Quality = trilinear filtering

performance = billinear
 
Then why is it a slider as opposed to a two-value radio checkbox?
 
Back
Top