What's currently the best PS4 gaming monitor money can buy

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
Currently using an ASUS VN279QL 27" MVA panel and wanting to try something else. Looking for something the same size that has a little better response time but isn't a TN panel with washed out colors. Anyone tried the MG279Q on a PS4? Will it look noticeably worse scaling from 1440p to 1080p compared to my native 1080p?

Currently using an ASUS VN279QL 27" MVA panel and wanting to try something else. Looking for something the same size that has a little better response time but isn't a TN panel with washed out colors. Anyone tried the MG279Q on a PS4? Will it look noticeably worse scaling from 1440p to 1080p compared to my native 1080p?

As a rule of thumb, I would avoid monitor scaling if at all possible, since very few games run at the native 1080p. Double scaling would likely lead to a very soft picture. That being said, I have not tested the monitor you're asking about, so I don't have any first hand experience either way.

If you're not familiar with it, I recommend checking out http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/ which will let you sort displays not only be input latency, but also resolution, screen size, and panel type.

I am sort of considering the BenQ XL2720Z. Even though it is a TN panel it supposedly has above average TN colors and would probably have noticeably better response time than my current ASUS MVA.

You definitely want to avoid 1440p monitors. The upscaled 1080p signal will look far worse than it would on a native 1080p display.

I used the XL2720Z briefly with my PS4 and Xbox One. It's a good monitor, but it does have noticeable dithering from its 6bit display. Other than that I enjoyed it and it had extremely good input lag and pixel response times for gaming.

Right now I'm using a Dell S2715H which I like a lot, it's IPS and has a glossy screen - but the glossy screen is not for everybody.

Back