What's bottlenecking me most in Heroes of the Storm?

I3eyond

Gawd
Rig in sig. It looks like this game doesn't support SLI?

I run as low as 20FPS in heavy fights.

Best,

-I3

I'd guess it's CPU bound. Blizzard's engines tend to cap out on CPU due to poor multithreading long before maxing out on GPU. HOTS is just a modified version of the SC2 engine, which from a quick search seems to only utilize 2 cores.

Also you didn't specify what resolution you were trying to run at.

Make sure v-sync is disabled, I don't see a bottleneck anywhere from the specs, it could be the CPU but not sure, are you running stock clocks?

Did you try putting the sound quality down? Heard elsewhere this engine with high quality sound hits the CPU hard.

it's most likely CPU but pretty much what drakenfeng said.. theres not really much you can do about it unless you want to fork over a few hundred dollars for a new CPU for one poorly coded game engine by a lazy developer.

Did you try putting the sound quality down? Heard elsewhere this engine with high quality sound hits the CPU hard.

I've heard the same thing -- turn down the sound quality and you probably won't notice the difference sound wise but it could solve your problem. Something that might or might not be related: I have had problems with performance while running spotify in the background. If I notice a performance hit I close spotify and it rights itself. I know others have reported the same thing so it's not just me being crazy.

Diablo 3 *definitely* had (and still has) performance issues with the sound quality turned up. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same case with HOTS. Ever since 2005 all of Blizzard's engines have had terrible quirks or performance issues, makes me sad really.

Back