• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Whats average mem clock for Ballistic PC4000

cross56

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Messages
147
Hi everyone, i'm thinking about purchasing some Ballistic PC 4000, what kind of fsb and timing should I expect with this memory running on my Asus A8V Deluxe? I only ask becuase is is availible right here at the local pc shop. Thanks
 
I've gotten past 280 with it on my DFI SLI-DR, but couldn't keep the overclock due to instability. Just make sure the Vdimm is at least 2.8 for that ram.
 
I was thinking 2X512mb sticks of it. Will 2 X 1024mb sticks clock the same? What kind of settings did it take to get to 280? Thanks
 
According to these two reviews it looks good, especially the 2x1GB sticks:

Crucial Ballistix PC4000 2GB Dual Channel Kit

Overclocking Results:
* 200MHz 2.0-2-2-5 1T 2.8v
* 205MHz 2.0-3-2-6 1T 2.8v
* 240MHz 2.5-3-3-7 1T 2.8v
* 295MHz 3.0-3-3-8 1T 2.8v
* 300MHz 3.0-3-3-8 1T 3.1v

Crucial Ballistix PC4000 1GB Dual Channel Kit
Maximum Speed w/ Low Latency
Crucial Ballistix PC4000 2-2-2-5 446 MHz

Maximum Speed
Crucial Ballistix PC4000 3-4-4-8 546 MHz

I hope it helps.

BTW: Hello everybody :p
 
Back
Top