• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

whats a nice SILENT psu??

daveisconfused

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
208
anyone have any ideas? i have a thermaltake purepower but its pretty loud. i always just use the fan controller and leave it at around 45%. im not sure if its too safe though. so yeah, any ideas?
 
^^^^^ That's what I was going to say.

If you want/need something beefier seasonic makes quiet PSU's....especially the tornado(ignore the name).
 
Good point. I also would like a silent PSU, but one that is 500W or higher. So far all I have come up with is modding a good PSU to make it quieter myself.
 
get a psu that has a big 120mm fan on it. i have the coolermaster realpower 450w and it's damn quiet.
 
Spectre said:
^^^^^ That's what I was going to say.

If you want/need something beefier seasonic makes quiet PSU's....especially the tornado(ignore the name).

right now I have two fanless PSUs that I'm testing Etasis EFN-300 and Yesico FL-420... so far I played a little with the Etasis which is 300W but I'm quite impressed with it.. tomorrow I'll be testing the Yesico wich is much stronger (420W).
 
OCZ Powerstream 520 or 600. this rating is their sustained,and they can both do 100w more for one minute peak.
they have been unanimously been reviewed amazingly well, and they perform just as well as the pcp&c.
also, 23db at 60%load.
however, they 600w is pretty expensve...
f
 
The TTGI/Super Flower/Link Depot 14CM PSUs are awesome. Phenomenal power, reasonably priced, and quiet! I am using the 550w version, turned Prime on my A64 (stock at the time) and my X800XTPE @ 540|580 running ATITool and using a multi-meter, the 12v rail only dropped .01! Awesome.

550w
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-101-606&depa=0
550w Modular
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-101-610&depa=0
600w Modular
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...1&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch&ATT=Power+Supply+for+Cas

TTGI is the best price/performer out there - I've been using them for over a year now. There is nothing quieter that puts out this much power or even comes close on the amps.
 
sleepeeg3 said:
The TTGI/Super Flower/Link Depot 14CM PSUs are awesome. Phenomenal power, reasonably priced, and quiet! I am using the 550w version, turned Prime on my A64 (stock at the time) and my X800XTPE @ 540|580 running ATITool and using a multi-meter, the 12v rail only dropped .01! Awesome.

550w
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-101-606&depa=0
550w Modular
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-101-610&depa=0
600w Modular
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...1&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch&ATT=Power+Supply+for+Cas

TTGI is the best price/performer out there - I've been using them for over a year now. There is nothing quieter that puts out this much power or even comes close on the amps.

is the 550w modular just as quiet as the one you have?? if it is, i just might get that. =)
 
I can't hear my NeoPower 480w even if I put my ear up next to it. Plus, it can handle a heavy load, and scored 10/10 in the recent Maximum PC review.
 
freddiepm61 said:
they can both do 100w more for one minute peak.
and they perform just as well as the pcp&c.

Proof?

Good luck, you'll need it. They are great psu's, but lets not exaggerate.

I would reccomend the Silenx 600w. Amazing psu, dead silent, internals that are TRULY on par with Zippy/pcp&c. Search for some internal pics, what you will find will blow most anything out there away.
 
Back
Top