What's a good website to buy a phone from?

adri1456

Gawd
The last time I've dove into buying a phone online, I've heard a lot of people not receiving their phones, getting the wrong packages, or buying way over MSRP.

Is there websites that you guys know of that has unlocked GSM phones? (I'm with tmobile, and don't like their selection of phones)

i got my tilt from newegg cause they had the best prices so you may wanna check them out. they actually have a really smooth ordering process if you do get a new plan too.

www.wirefly.com

Huge selection of phones (locked & unlocked), providers, plans at great prices. I'm with T-Mobile (BB 8320) and am strongly considering a jump to the Bold through wirefly.

Now get to bed before Santa makes his stop at your house!

ebay is good. I got my first bb last year from there. But make sure the user has excellent ratings, and check out comments about the seller. If i wasnt elgible for an upgrade this year, i would have got my curve off of ebay again. Oh, and my phone was brand new, you could still smell teh newness on it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of falling in love with a phone (HTC touch pro), then looking at prices (I did it it with my car, but I got it anyway).

However, it is christmas, and I haven't gotten anything good for myself in a while.

Avoid wirefly like the plague.
Used it to restart my AT&T contract once...
Have a problem with the contract you made with wirefly? AT&T won't do anything. wirefly says talk to AT&T.
Have a problem with the phone you ordered? No problem, ship it back for more than a week and enjoy not having a cell phone.

Order through third party with a contract and you're SOL with any problems. eBay, craigslist, and basically any 3rd party is good for no contract. But if you're signing something, GO TO A STORE AND HAVE EVERYTHING THEY OFFER YOU ON PAPER.

best place to go for used semi-new phones is ebay. gotten all my phones off there. Best place for fully-new (but small selection) is tigerdirect. not used other sites, so I cant say anything about them good or bad (though I wouild, as mentioen d above be very leery of buying a contract+phone combo off ebay...)

Avoid wirefly like the plague.
Used it to restart my AT&T contract once...
Have a problem with the contract you made with wirefly? AT&T won't do anything. wirefly says talk to AT&T.
Have a problem with the phone you ordered? No problem, ship it back for more than a week and enjoy not having a cell phone.

Order through third party with a contract and you're SOL with any problems. eBay, craigslist, and basically any 3rd party is good for no contract. But if you're signing something, GO TO A STORE AND HAVE EVERYTHING THEY OFFER YOU ON PAPER.
Interesting. I've never heard anything bad about wirefly. Another place to consider is Amazon. I bought 2 new T-Mobile Blackberry 8320 devices through them. They cost $75 each with new contracts. Amazon and T-Mobile were offering $125 for mail in rebates which meant I actually got them free + $100. T-Mobile has honored all warranty service, including replacing a dead BB twice at no charge.

Interesting. I've never heard anything bad about wirefly. Another place to consider is Amazon. I bought 2 new T-Mobile Blackberry 8320 devices through them. They cost $75 each with new contracts. Amazon and T-Mobile were offering $125 for mail in rebates which meant I actually got them free + $100. T-Mobile has honored all warranty service, including replacing a dead BB twice at no charge.

Wirefly is great if they get your order correct. But when they "accidentally" add extra lines and services, have fun paying. Shipping was great, phones were great, surprise at the bill then spending hours trying to fix it only to find out it's "a contract", not great.

I just submitted my order to newegg.com for my phone, plus a few accessories. Now the only hard part about it is waiting for it to be shipped.

And I've noticed I've been ordering atleast one product per month for the past few months from newegg. I might as well have a newegg poster in my room.

Back