What's a good price to pay for Windows 8?

Of course!

Spend $20,000 on a college tuition and get a .edu email address!

Of course!

Spend $20,000 on a college tuition and get a .edu email address!

Lol.. And that won't even get you Windows 8.. although it does get you multiple versions of Windows Server which can be used as regular Windows once you enable a bunch of stuff that is disabled by default on Server.

Edit: If you are talking about the .edu special purchase price for Windows.. then yeah, you can sometimes get it for $30-$40.

You could find somebody that bought a computer with 8 on it and decided they didn't like it and then bought Windows 7.

Or you could be like me and could have bought it when it was first released for a whopping $15. I find it very funny that a lot of people didn't jump on that deal.

That sounds good... too good to be true for the pro version. How is this legit?

That sounds good... too good to be true for the pro version. How is this legit?

I purchased a key from him several weeks ago. Installed Windows and activated without any issue. At $50 get two or three keys. :)

I purchased a key from him several weeks ago. Installed Windows and activated without any issue. At $50 get two or three keys. :)

Uh, that's not exactly proof of legitimacy. They could be on a blacklist in 2 weeks :rolleyes:

Note the word could.

Uh, that's not exactly proof of legitimacy. They could be on a blacklist in 2 weeks :rolleyes:

Note the word could.

Did I proclaim proof of legitimacy somewhere? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You or we can `coulda woulda shoulda' all day long. Could be blacklisted 4 months 3 days and 2 hours from now. It may never be blacklisted and probably won't be IMHO. The point is you have a long time member here on the forums selling a good deal to members here. Many who have chimed in to say they would buy from him again. If you don't want to take that route so be it.

lol...been a while since i have been out of Gen May to see how the rest of the site lives...

Guess you will have to take my word on the legitimacy. :D

Did I proclaim proof of legitimacy somewhere? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

You answered the question 'is it legit' in your reply and implied 'it works fine'. So what now, you're saying you don't care if it's not legit as long as it works for like some time? lol.

You answered the question 'is it legit' in your reply and implied 'it works fine'. So what now, you're saying you don't care if it's not legit as long as it works for like some time? lol.

No, you implied it may not be legit, not I. I stated you can "coulda woulda shoulda" all day long as far as it's legitimacy. I'm not going to argue with you. Buy one or don't. My legitimate key from a fellow member that has been here 13 years is working just fine. I would recommend him, as others have, to anyone looking for the OS..

Thanks everyone. Looks like cygnus's deal is the best in town. Seeing how many people seems to trust him and have a working copy, I decided to go for it. It's half the price (after taxes) and pro version. Can't go wrong... I hope.

No, you implied it may not be legit, not I.

Yes you implied it might be legit, not I. You started the woulda coulda babble right after I called you up on that.

I don't know about the rest of you folks but if someone places me a question 'can it be legit' and I reply with 'it activated and works fine' then that's an argument towards legitimacy.

It's circumstancial evidence pointing towards that but on the other hand probability is against getting something legally for less than half the street prices. That combined to a history of problems with Microsoft product keys (legit users find out their keys have been used already fresh from the box) makes at least me very suspicious towards such deals. Especially when it's just not one 'unwanted' copy lying somewhere.

Back