Whats a good MP3 Player Software?

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I have been using Winamp for years now but now I feel it has gotten to much like bloatware:eek:
ever since AOL bought out Nullsoft (Or something to that effect as it now saus AOL Media)
So whats a good software MP3 player for windows?

Thanks
Preferably free or cheap to buy or have a free version available

If you just want to play mp3 files, Windows Media Player does the job more than adequately. If you want WinAMP, go grab v2.91 from www.oldversion.com and use that; it's tiny, and the last best version.

A vote for foobar2000 will obviously be worthy here, as someone else will probably recommend it also.

I would say just use WMP if you don't need fancy bells and whistles and stuff. It gets the job done just dandy...

+1 for foobar. very lite and super easy to customize. here is mine..

6hu99e.png

I like mediamonkey.

I used to use Winamp, but your points are well understood. Besides, Mediamonkey has much better tagging/organizing capabilities, in my opinion.

I also tried foobar, but damn am I stupid or lazy or both. I don't want to create my own damn mp3 player... I just want to listen to music. With Mediamonkey, I just change the view slighlty, import my library, and off I go.

I usually just download the lite version of Winamp; it's further down on the main page where all the international versions are.

Foobar is very nice, but I stick to Winamp still. Windows Media Player would probably be more than enough for me though.

I like VLC media player its great for videos and mp3's, and doesn't have any noticeable impact on cpu.

Used WMP, hate MS software except Windows itself. Used foobar2k, way to damn complicated and no features built in. Used WinAmp... wow, its days are way over. Used MediaMonkey, LOVE IT!

Everything you need is right there built in and easy to get to. Kinda like iTunes just minus the bloat and it actually works. Ended up buying the Pro version for the amazing library management features.

Used WMP, hate MS software except Windows itself. Used foobar2k, way to damn complicated and no features built in. Used WinAmp... wow, its days are way over. Used MediaMonkey, LOVE IT!

Everything you need is right there built in and easy to get to. Kinda like iTunes just minus the bloat and it actually works. Ended up buying the Pro version for the amazing library management features.

Criccio do you use free or paid version?

It's cool to hate iTunes.

iTunes works fine on my machine. With an E6850 and 4GB of ram, it doesn't affect other applications. The library management is great, I happen to have an iPod and iTunes is a very convenient way to purchase tracks (and now most are iTunes plus so you can play them in other media players like Windows Media Centre for example).

I've used many of the popular ones but my preference is iTunes:

• Windows Media Player
  • Winamp
  • Foobar 2000

If the OP doesn't have an iPod, there's absolutely no reason to even mentioned iTunes. Even if the OP does, there are some other, arguably better options.

That being said, has anyone tried Songbird?

Any particular reason why? Or is it just cool to hate iTunes now?
It's slow, buggy, doesn't update your library automatically, and doesn't make tag editing as easy as other programs. If I'm only going to manage my own music, and not buy anything from the iTunes store, why not use a smaller, lighter application? I'm not ignorant enough to hate a piece of software because of who makes it. There are plenty of legit reasons to not use iTunes, especially if you don't have an iPod.

It's slow, buggy, doesn't update your library automatically, and doesn't make tag editing as easy as other programs. If I'm only going to manage my own music, and not buy anything from the iTunes store, why not use a smaller, lighter application? I'm not ignorant enough to hate a piece of software because of who makes it. There are plenty of legit reasons to not use iTunes, especially if you don't have an iPod.

This.

iTunes for Windows is just a crappy application. Real-time folder monitoring is a must for any serious music managment app.

If you want the look of iTunes but with real useful features check out MediaMonkey. The is an iTunes skin for it.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Another Foobar2000 vote, been using this for years.

I also tried foobar, but damn am I stupid or lazy or both. I don't want to create my own damn mp3 player... I just want to listen to music.
...then just install it and select the defualts if this is the case?

I swear people recommending anything other then foobar or winamp must work for that company. everything else is complete shit!

I use foobar2000 for everyday audio listening. It's light, fast, clean, plays everything!

Then since i have a Creative Zen i use WMP for syncing it.

In Linux i use MPD with NCMPC.

[UPS] Sorce;1034105149 said:
I usually just download the lite version of Winamp; it's further down on the main page where all the international versions are.
Been using Winamp for a decade and still love it

Back