Whats a good inexpensive KVM

xphantg0d

Gawd
I am looking for a good but inexpensive kvm. i got a vga monitor and ps2 keyboard and usb mouse. I dont need more than 1280x1024 resolution. any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

Dont know how cheap you want, but i spent about 100$ on a two port belkin KVM switch about two years ago... i'm sure price has dropped by now. The bulk of the expense was the damn cables... which you can usually find alot cheaper cables (same qaulity), at electronics parts stores such as www.digikey.com and www.jameco.com

my little two port belkin KVM switch accepts a ps/2 mouse and keyboard, but i use a USB mouse with an adapter with it with no problems.

Airlink has a 4port kvm switch for $40, I got my belkin 2 port kvm switch at fry's for $20. So you can try that...

You can usually find the belkin 2 port kvm for about 20 bucks if you look around. Not the best solution, but they generally seem to work well.

If you only need 2 computers hooked up I would recommend the KVM2KIT from linksys.

http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=36&scid=45&prid=502

I've been using one on my test bench at work for a few months now and it's worked flawless, built in keyboard swapping and you can set the switch to automatically swap between computers after 5, 10, 20 or 30 seconds. We got ours for $35 through our wholesaler.

Back