• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What's a good EQ software for Winamp?

3Bar_Mopar

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
300
I have 4front EQ10 and it works good, but are there any better ones out there? Maybe a standalone program or something?
 
You could use the VST Addon for Winamp to allow VST effects modules to be used. I'm afraid I can't comment on the compatibility of that add-on as I don't use Winamp, hopefully someone else can answer that. I do use the DirectX Host plugin with j.River Media Center to do essentially the same thing.

The EQ I use is the Algorithmix PEQ Red/Orange bundle. I find it the most 'natural sounding' and the most intuitive / fast-feedback to tweak of the VST/DirectX-based EQ's I've so far used. If $2,500 for the Algorithmix pack is too rich for your blood, you could try PSP MasterQ, which is quite nice, easy to get good results on and is only $150. I also tried Firium and while the way it worked interested me and the price was very right at $130, I just didn't quite feel it sounded right and there was a compatibility problem. All offer a demo version so that you can check it works in your set-up.
 
Back
Top