what's a good data recovery software?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
i delete a user profile, and just find out that by deleting user profile, microsoft actually kill the person's outlook pst.

it found nothing

I need a professional software, like executive undelete, in which it also found nothing, but then my ver. is 6 yr. old

Try GetDataBack, not free tho.

IIRC, the free part can scan your HDD to see if it can find what you want, but you have to pay to get it recovered.

I have finally got a hold of friend who purchased R Studio and Get Data Back. I have used both of them, install in the Drive D, and search the missing file in Drive C. They found a few things, but Not the Outlook pst that I'm looking for.

This is what happened, his user profile has corrupted, so as per Mircosoft's support recommendation,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

I changed the registry, and when that doesn't work, I del. the user profile

What microsoft should have say is, when user profile is deleted, it will also del. the outlook.pst. The SSD drive is untouch, so the outlook.pst should still be in there.

So now, 1 thing I can try, is to use my adapter to convert that drive from SATA to USB, and connect it as a Drive D, on another computer, and use the above to search again.

does any1 has any other suggestion?

http://www.a-datarecovery.com/outlookrecovery.html

I found something useful:

If your user Profile gets corrupted or accidentally deleted your email files will be lost. Our recovery engineers at Accurate Data have the expertise to find this file even if a new user profile has overwritten the original profile or if a new Windows setup was reinstalled over your original data.

The Archive.pst file is used as a backup for the Outlook personal folder, but by default only a small part of the Oulook file is backed up. We can provide free advice on how to properly setup the Archive.pst file so that all of your critical folders are backed up.

See, that's exactly what happens to this hard drive. So how the trick is, w/o paying $ to the above, how do you do it on your own?

Back